Impound

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by rusty eagle, Oct 12, 2010.

1. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I've got another one in the works with a certain sock monkey named Theta. It's a larger scaled map. I'll hit you up for testing if you're on. It's a little more of an ambitious project though.

I'm not sure if I'll be entering this into the contest. If I entered, I enter to win and while this may be may be a fine racehorse I'm not sure if it's a winner, in my eyes at least. We'll see.

I originally was using glass covers there over the staircase because I didn't want people to be shot in the back coming up. It's hard to fight a battle like that. The glass covers were causing some framerate drop, so I kept the shape in order to block off some lines of sight across the map. I find that the houses are really useful if you're weak and in a battle with someone at top lift. It helps to give you a height advantage over the other player. As a plus, the house has some good lines of sight on the opposite lifts, which seems to be a popular setup for some players. It's pretty easy to get pinched though when you're up there with some coordinated team play. I'll look into it though as see what other people have to say. It could be that they are overpowered or maybe someone needs to work on their five shot ;)