Import

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Daerique, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Daerique

Daerique Forerunner

Hello Forge Hub, today I show you my most worked on map: Import. No fancy titles, no fancy picture with its name in it, but simply just Import. This is the first map I'm posting into Forge Hub, so any thing required that is not included will be added. You may remember the map preview of it, if you were one of the hundred people that actually did look at it. With no comments, and a small amount of views, I decided to step it up to a second build, to enhance the gameplay, and then into a Final Third build, which focused on the Aesthetics and location of the map. The third build also focused on making no extra forge objects sticking out, as the map looks like it was built into the Lagoon, despite its square-ish shape.

Before we show the map, I would like to thank my friend IronMut for witnessing the maps evolutuion and for helping me play test it for 1v1.

This map has been tested with 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3. The Supported gametypes have been choosen due to the small size of the map, yet have not been tested.

Weapon list: (EC=ExtraClips)

6 DMRs 2ec 30s Respawn
    1 Shotgun 1ec 120s Respawn
    1 Rocket Launcher 1ec 150s Respawn
    1 Sniper Rifle 1ec 120s Respawn
    1 Needle Rifle 2ec 30s Respawn
    1 Needler 2ec 90s Respawn
    2 Plasma Repeaters (Plasma Weapon, no Ec) 30s Respawn
    2 Spikers 2ec 30s Respawn​

2 Health Packs​

The map is a small map mainly for 2v2s or Free For all gametypes, but I also map it compatible with Infection, and One Flag/Bomb. As it suggests, the map is a dock in the middle of the ocean which everything Imported into the dock has faced bad luck, such as being stolen, or simply not selling. The map has two main sides: The Red Side, which hosts the Dock, Boat, and the Mid/Long Ranged combat; Blue Side hosts the close quarters fights of the map.

Map Overview: [​IMG]

Medium/Long range fighting is hosted on the dock:
    [​IMG]

The top overlook is playable, yet it is used to let players spawn on the red side with cover. It it's accesible via teleporter, jumping from the top of the Blue Building. or by using a Jetpack:
    [​IMG]

The Red Boat Top:
    [​IMG]

The Boat Interior, the mancannon leads to the edge of the Dock:
    [​IMG]

The Blue Initial spawns are in this small Courtyard behind the Blue Building:
    [​IMG]

The Alley Way hosts the Shotgun spawn:
    [​IMG]

That's all folks. No long description on the maps origin back in March, no fancy borders. Comments and Suggestions are much appreciated and I hope this map was worth your time!

#1 Daerique, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. Soul Slasher

Soul Slasher Forerunner

An intresting and cleanly forged map. Great for a first post. However, the top floor is only accessed using teleporters, which will be a problem. This makes players want to use jetpack more than other AA's.

The boat could be better. As of now, it is a platform with a prefab building sitting atop of the deck. It could have crates on it for cover? I see problems already with cover and line of sights. Never the less, still great for a first post.

3. ANTI YOU

ANTI YOU Ancient

quick question. is the jump from the glass window to the boat makeable? if not then its just a dead end no one will use.

outside there seams to be a lack of cover. like said above, a couple of well placed crates would add cover while keeping the shipyard theme.

i do like how clean it looks but i think the boat could be reworked.
    keep forging brotha

4. Daerique

Daerique Forerunner

During our testing, the "Top Overlook" did not play a key factor in the match other than a good spawn. I attempted to add a ramp leading to the Overlook but all the possible ways looked too messy.

As for the boat, the jump is not accesible via the glass window, and you cannot jump directly from the boat from the dock, unless you have sprint. I may move it closer so you can jump to it straight to the Dock. The boat is also does look blocky, but I did not have enough budget or round walls to make it look more like a real boat. I don't think crates needed as you can simply take cover in the boat or go into the boat tower.

I will edit the map after I am done with my next project and release it as a Build 3 v1.1
    Thanks for the suggestions :)

5. a0puncfan

a0puncfan Forerunner

yes would you mind if i reviewed this map for the anti-rhub?

6. Daerique

Daerique Forerunner

Yes, you may.