Im a new forger...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by GUmbo the Max, Aug 22, 2009.

1. GUmbo the Max

GUmbo the Max Ancient

I have recently been forging on my first map. I am just asking people how they started forging and what really made them inspired and really want to do this. What made me want to forge was the possibilities of what you can make and making it was quiet fun.:lol:

2. Adelyss

Adelyss Hotdishhh

I started forging when my older brother brought home his xbox from his apartment for a week and he just downloaded the heroic map pack. We started out messing around throwing boxes at each other etc. Then the next day I loaded foundry up an started working on something which turned out to be epic fail, but I think that got me hooked.

My urge though came from playing games and always wanting to make maps for them so when I learned of forge in halo I took it up and have been forging ever since.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck Ancient

I first begun forging when my friend and I littlerly had no one to play with. So we would load of foundry or avalanche and complete fail maps. then I joined a community and met this pretty decent forger. From there I decided to make a good map and from then on I was hooked on forging.

4. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I didn't start forging till the heroic maps were free.

As always, it starts off by messily putting stuff together without any advanced methods, and then I came across this site. I was here in the beginning of 2008, but I didn't have an account, so I merely floated around the site looking at the amazing stuff coming out. That's really what inspired me to get better.

5. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

How I started to forge is actually a pretty interesting story, well, to me at least.

It all started after I got sick of matchmaking (playing with people you don't know gets REALLY old) I spent alot of time in campaign, customs, and in forge, then I got sick of Halo altogether. Then I played Portal, it was such an intricate, and masterful game. After Portal I played Okami, Okami gave me the same feeling that Portal did, they were just so perfect. After that I decided that I wanted to make a puzzle game, then Halo came back into the picture. So I made a few puzzle maps, but they were just so terrible, I went back and re-did them all (they are actually pretty fun, but there a little easy, send me an XBL message to me if you want to see them, although I doubt anyone will). After I made my puzzle levels, I was done with Forge altogether, then I did a lot of matchmaking and just stopped playing Halo to start playing LittleBigPlanet. But the more I played LittleBigPlanet, the more I wanted to make a 3-D level, and then Forge came back into my mind, and I joined ForgeHub and well...here I am.

6. 12 inch winner

12 inch winner Ancient

well when i started forging well i still do just start of a map by throwing all sorts of objects around the map intill my budget drys up then i look around until i get an idea for a map and then i go forge it! but i always like making maps in any game and always have, manly because i like the feeling of accomplishment you get when you finish a map and that started back with tony hawks skate park editor! tell you the truth if you couldnt forge in halo i would probably never play it again.

7. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

I started forge because i was a member of halomods and modded h2 and made new maps for it frequently so since forge is basically the same as a program that we made earlier. so basically thats why i forge lol.

8. GUmbo the Max

GUmbo the Max Ancient

Thats pretty neat , thanks for posting!