Sandbox Illucent

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by AceOfSpades, Sep 3, 2010.

1. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Author:
    AceOfSpades

Map Name:
    Illucent

Map Canvas:
    Sandbox

Map Size:
    Medium

Player Count:
    4-10

Supported Gametypes:
    Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Oddball, Slayer, Team Slayer

Description:

[​IMG]

Description

This is it... Illucent... my final Halo 3 map. This map has been in production for many months now, going through vigorous testing multiple times after it was completed. The ending product is what you see here today: a large, asymmetric skybubble map, ready to comfortably play games of 4v4. From the Guardian-esque lift, the central funnel, and the spiral staircase, I believe Illucent is my best map to date... a fitting farewell to Halo 3's Forge from me.

Weapons and Equipment

Battle Rifle - x6
    Shotgun - x1
    Sniper Rifle - x1
    Plasma Pistol - x1
    Rocket Launcher - x1
    Plasma Grenades - x8
    Bubble Shield - x1
    Power Drain - x1
    Regenerator - x1
    Active Camo - x1

Map Images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download Illucent

#1 AceOfSpades, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Ancient

OMG... Bungie had better step up their mapmaking game. This is excellent! The design looks incredibly thought-out and the balance spectacular. You don't need me to tell you how prodigious this is! Seriously every part of the map appears to have its own unique representation, which is great for recognizing where you spawn the second you do. And yet at the same time all of the structures, platforms, and other elements of design all compliment each other. That area by the rocket launcher in particular looks phenomenal. The lift is nicely situated. The weapon selection seems to be satisfactory. My only reasonable complaint is that you posted the same picture twice... and that's obviously not the map's problem. Astounding job building on previous successes for your final Halo 3 map!

#2 Sasquatch, Sep 3, 2010
  3. Shenanigans.nom

Shenanigans.nom Ancient

God damnit, i wish i had patience. This is impossible for me to make, too much effort, derp. But this is sweeeeeeet. I still find it amazing that with reach coming out in 244 hours, 51 minutes and 11 seconds and people are still making maps, and such amazing ones, AND with new aesthetics. The rocket spawn is awesome. Everything else is incredible smooth, and pleasing. I love all the half door windows personally, it really adds to objective games, and quick little snipes.

Congrats for an epic last map.

4. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

Ace your maps are always incredible, this one really does stand out i really like the cannon man set up you have. Each one of your maps are always incredible to the human eye and since it's your last halo 3 map we have to remember all of the great maps you have made and what you have for us in halo reach. I just love the design and no one cannot dislike a map like this, this one is staying on my hardrive.

Edit: you have two pictures that are the same btw

#4 Combat P3nguin, Sep 3, 2010
  5. Drummerboi420

Drummerboi420 Forerunner

Bungie already knows us fans whoop they asses at forge! Sweet map I really like the way you nail the symmetry every time, Thanks again Ace

6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Thanks for the comments guys! It really means a lot to know that people appreciate my maps so much. It's a lot of what pushes me to forge more.

7. oh knarly

oh knarly Ancient

Seems like you've pretty much perfected halo 3's forge ace, got my friend to dl this and we had a epic 1v1 battle. Its got a great range of environments which all look sweet and play just as well.

Seems a shame about the timing of the release.. this really should be featured but with reach out in 2 days.. it might unfortunately fall into the abyss but I had some good times on it so cheers.