If You Could Add A New DLC To Halo 3...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Conkerkid11, Apr 8, 2009.

?

What DLC Would You Add?

1. Map Pack

37.1%
  2. New Forge Options

71.4%
  3. Multiplayer Content

37.1%
  4. Campaign Content

42.9%
  5. Armor Permulation Content

57.1%
  6. More Gametype Options

40.0%
  7. New Forge Items

54.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

If you could add a new DLC (Downloadable Contend) to Halo 3, what would it be?

The DLC could be anything; Map Pack, Forge Content, Multiplayer Content, Campaign Content, etc...

Example:
    If I could add a new DLC to Halo 3, I would add new Forge options, that would allow you to stick things in the air. Or place things in the ground like in Sketch Up.

What would you add!?

I apologize if something like this has already been made, but I checked using the Search tool, and nothing came up.

2. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

i would add more elite armor perms,
    any weapons starts in customs (like you can start with plasma rifles),
    brute armor perms,
    an alternate campaign where you instead play as the arbiter (so you get to do other stuff, but a few times play with master chief. an example would be repelling borders above the ark),
    the ability to cut objects in forge (so say i wanted a barrel to be cut in half, or a fencewall, i would press a button and it is in half!)
    a "snap to 90 degrees" button in forge,
    and finally:

an exact remake of coagulation. same weapon placement and everything, only now it has a missile pod by the caves, some equipment, AR's rather than pistols, etc.

3. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

This is actually quite hard to think about... probably something which allowed you to set an object to 'ghost' (you can see it but items can go through it) so that interlocking would be easier, because you would know wether something was in the right place or not.

4. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

More armors. Or more forge options.

5. SWEETbabyJEEZUS

SWEETbabyJEEZUS Ancient

i would choose everything because although bungie gave us allot of new stuff, it is really getting old and i think we should et new amour more maps and a more advanced forge where you get a completly blank map and you can make hills and grass and water or anything.

6. Dow

Dow Ancient

I want the old pistol back from halo 2 (the one that shot really fast). Also, all weapon starts as mentioned above ^^^

7. Chron

Chron Ancient

Everything on the poll list would be good. : ]

8. Thuckey

Thuckey Ancient

Yep, I voted for all.

But new forge options would be awesome. Afterall.. this IS Forgehub.

9. EGP

EGP Ancient

More forging options and more campaign levels are my choices. I think I would want more campaign levels more. I really liked the campaign, I found it really fun. New armor would be pretty cool, there would be more combinations. I dont really want new forging options that bad. There isn't much more to add.

10. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Since this is my thread, I can do whatever I want, right? I can post in my own thread, right?

If I could add a new DLC to Halo 3, I would call it "Forgetacular Map Pack!"

The Forgetacular Map Pack Would Include The Following:
    • A map much similar to Sandbox, but urban. So it would include structures you would find in an everyday city.
    • Forge glue; allow you to place objects in the air without the pesky save/quit method.
    • Forgeable scenery, such as: water, sand, dirt, trees, hills, etc..
    • Choice between time of day, and season of year.
    • Customizable item color and size
    • Radios with customizable sound imported into them, on a loop that you record with your mic. Allow the sound to stop playing when the radio is destroyed.
    • Make sure to include the everyday scenery items such as tables, chairs, televisions, breakable glass, swimming pools (No Water/Water), plants, dishes, couches, openable doors, etc...
    • Choice between battle scared objects, and non-battle scared objects
    • Map hazards such as the train from Terminal, a Halo 2 multiplayer map
    • Option to change how far the ground comes up from the ground like in Far Cry 2 where you can customize the ground
    I know it's all pretty far fetched, but you get the picture.

11. MousseMooseROCKS

More forge options. My dream game would be something like Far Cry 2 Map Editor + Halo 3. Then creativity is unleashed.

12. Goober

Goober Ancient

If I could make a new DLC (or TU3!) I would have:

~The urbanized Sandbox that Conker was talking about
    ~Bullethose(SMG's) Start like H2 did. Not AR(which doesn't look like a real AR! I know cause I own one!)
    ~Foundation Remake- Completely faithful!
    ~Boarding Action Remake-Completely Faithful!
    ~New scenery items for all the maps
    ~Specific Angle Snap-To for forge items
    ~Time/Season Changeability. This one would be an automatic-clickme button. Basically you make your map and then in customs you change what time/season you wanted.
    ~All themed items on each map.
    ~An Ark-themed map.
    ~Brute model for multiplayer with armor-perms.
    ~More Elite armor-perms

EDIT: And more leeway with gametype options!

Most of the things I'd like are actually possible with just a little extra work, because the models are already in the systems it just takes the extra code to make it available. Some of the stuff would really take a Title Update, but its not too far out there.

#12 Goober, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  13. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

I'd love some Brutes in multiplayer. I was half expecting to see them when the game came out. I remember seeing a video of the Customs Lobby in the Beta and it looking like there was a Spartan, an Elite and a Brute in the background. I watched it again, turns out they were all spartans (I thought the brown one with the turret was a Brute)

14. Spirit798

Spirit798 Ancient

I'd add the ability to forge in Campaign map - ability to place weapons, scenery, vehicles, all the ordinary forge stuff, but also the ability to time checkpoints, place enemies, trigger conversations (set an invisible line, if you walk over it conversation appear, like usually in campaign. You can choose from a list which unit says what, which includes allowing for example to ley Keys say -when she is nowhere near you, just using a radio signal- 'hold out untill backup arrives'.), and all the other stuff.

You could make your own epic Halo story!

15. Finite Forever

Finite Forever Ancient

I would add new forge options, new armor for the elites, and new forge items. The elites have few armor choices, while spartan armor is almost fully customizable. I really don't think I need to give a reason for the other two, lol.

16. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

New forge options, definitely.

But I have a feeling this thread will turn into what the Sandbox Discussion Thread was before Sandbox was released. A lot of things that will never happen... but we wish would happen.

17. barc0de

barc0de Ancient

Two new forge-centered maps, one set in space, the other set on water.

18. barc0de

barc0de Ancient

Two new forge-centered maps, one set in space, the other set on water.