Idea for gametypes!!!! (Duck Hunt, Halo, etc...)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Pzycho, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Pzycho

Pzycho Ancient

Alright, so I'm sure most of you know what trait zones are now!

Well, if we can't rely on flood for infection for now, I say we use slayer for games like Halo and Duck Hunt! The reason this will work is because, with games like these, where you can only spawn in a certain spot, a trait zone would be able to make you "invincible".

An example would be Duck Hunt. Everyone spawns w/ plasma pistols and 0% damage. However, whoever is the "Hunter" (Chosen randomly, thanks to spawn points, or chosen by one person going blue team and everyone else red,or vice versa). From there, a trait zone would make it where they could actually deal damage. And on the Sniper rifle note, just put one in there.

I hope yall use this, and if this has already been figured out, I apologize!

2. DeadlyHeretic

DeadlyHeretic Ancient

You could also set the zone to cover the whole area and make it only affect one team.

3. Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon Promethean

I don't understand... Flood works perfectly fine for duck hunt.

I understand for certain gametypes there are missing aspects for custom games, but duck hunt is perfectly do-able with just the default flood mode with some minor changes.
    The main reason flood is used, is that it's more likely to go through everybody as the Hunter, With random spawning it would literally be random, the same guy could be the hunter 10 times over.

And the trait zone Idea would work but for what reason? The ducks can't do damage to the hunter anyway from that distance. And once the duck teleports to the sniper box. The trait zone will effect them also, and therefor the hunter and the duck will both be capable of dying. When only the Hunter should be.

No you can't. Setting trait zones to one team still effects anybody who enters it, regardless of what team they are on.
    Source: Tested it myself.

#3 Turtlespoon, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. DeadlyHeretic

DeadlyHeretic Ancient

I also tested it myself and I guarantee that I made it so a blue entering the zone would get overshields but a red would not.

5. Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon Promethean

On team slayer perhaps.
    Not on Infection/Flood, Which is generally the gametype for duck hunt.

We built a Duck Hunt Map & Gametype and tested it fully, we've gone through a bunch of custom games using it. Despite the Trait zone we put down, everyone mentioned how The sniper could still kill the duck when they reached the sniper box.

6. IIIX MATT XIII

IIIX MATT XIII Forerunner

That's because Flood is a FFA Gametype, the 'teams' that you see in game are only for display purposes. The Trait Zone method will work on any team gametype.

7. Pzycho

Pzycho Ancient

This is a way to make Duck hunt MUCH closer to the original. I'm almost done with my gametype and map, which uses a slayer variant. The way I'm doing mine requires honor rules. Generally, I plan to have an honor rule where the last man standing would become the zombie (By team switching). And of course, with an honor rule, that means anyone who AFKs to do this wouldn't be allowed to become the "zombie", or would simply be kicked.

But trait zones change the game drastically and do allow for the "one person shooting everyone else" gametype to be made without having the limitations of flood.

Again, nobody HAS to use this. It's just an option.

8. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Promethean

This thread contains many gametypes, including Duck Hunt/Halo, and classic infection.
    Game variant modding | Se7enSins Gaming Community

It might help you. Most gametypes will be on the gamertag: Yellan. I havn't checked out the file share yet, but those gametypes hopefully are on it.

9. Turtlespoon

Turtlespoon Promethean

Just use a Reverse Flood Setting (15 Flood 1 Survivor) It can easily be done.
    I don't see what the problem is for the gametype. We've literally played tonnes of duckhunt games on Halo 4, they function perfectly.
    Ducks are Flood, Survivor is Hunter, and you basically have a perfect duck hunt there.

10. iamluke21393

iamluke21393 Promethean

For Mongoose Season (maybe also called Halo?), I've got a working version on my fileshare. I think I got it to work pretty well with FFA slayer. Trait zones, like you said.