Icicle

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Dark Zero Zero, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Dark Zero Zero

Dark Zero Zero Ancient

Icicle
    Created by Dark Zero Zero

Supported Gametypes:
    Starting/Respawn Points for VIP and Slayer. Should be good for whatever race variant you want to play.

Map Description
    This is a relatively fast race map with a few huge jumps. I wanted to steer (pun sorry :0) away from difficult short turns that take away from the fun of being at full speed. There are also a few new, cool things on this map. My favorite part is an entire ramp made from Watch Towers. Also, I tried to make it so there is no way to exploit anything on the map. There are no spots where falling off the track will give you an edge over your opponents. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Download Icicle
    Download Icicle Race Variant
    *Note - Gametype is just a generic race variant for VIP. Download if necessary!

Start
    [​IMG]

Mega Jump
    [​IMG]

Corner
    [​IMG]

Cave Bounce
    [​IMG]

Clear? Or Tabletop?
    [​IMG]

Sky Path
    [​IMG]

Sky Corner
    [​IMG]

Watchtower Chute
    [​IMG]

Down The Chute
    [​IMG]

Final/Teapot Jump
    [​IMG]

TIPS:
    1)If you fall off the track, there are places to re-enter that should be very close to where you fall off. They are not big places though, because I didn’t want to mess with the flow of the track.

2)On the table top jump, you CAN clear it if you have enough speed. And if you don’t, then clip the side of the box opening and you’ll clear it.

3)Obviously, when you combine a man cannon, mongoose, and a huge ramp, it’s hard to land in the exact right spot. I made the landings pretty user friendly, but if you have trouble, just hit the ramps towards the center of the man cannon.

*The map is a full circuit that runs fast and smooth. The turns are easy and the jumps are epic. I think you'll enjoy it if you give it a try*

~Please comment!~

#1 Dark Zero Zero, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

Looks awesome. I also made a race map on here, but it was my first race map so it's a piece of crap haha. A lot of unique things in this map, especially the Cave Bounce. A definite download.

3. darkmuse19

darkmuse19 Ancient

i think the pics make it look more difficult. but it looks like fun . not many race maps are good on the new maps so good job

4. LuckoftheMoose

LuckoftheMoose Ancient

Looks awesome!

5. SOG DaMorg

SOG DaMorg Ancient

pictures make the map look awesome, I have also been thinking about making a racing map on avalanche that would use the whole map...I will take a look at what you did and give more feedback after playing it :)

6. The Effected

The Effected Ancient

sweet im dl it now

7. Banana Peel

Banana Peel Ancient

wow that looks really good

8. Dark Zero Zero

Dark Zero Zero Ancient

I'm glad you all are enjoying how the map looks. I'm curious how gameplay is going for everyone? I think I want to make an Icicle 2, but I want to see how much people enjoy this one first.

9. David 118

David 118 Ancient

looks like a good race track on one of the new maps (finally!) and i like the watchtower chute. I tried to make one but i just couldnt line them up and gave up after a while its nice to see it finally done.

10. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

I have a cool idea for the picture below:
    [​IMG]
    What if, instead of the Shield doors blocking you off, if you didn't make the turn, you'd be sent off the lift and (using shield doors) bounced back a bit.

11. Dark Zero Zero

Dark Zero Zero Ancient

I thought a lot about using the mega cannons for this race track. There are a couple of problems though. Either the mongoose will only go a short distance if you don't hit it head on, OR if you do go head on, the distance you fly will be too unpredictable. There are definitely ways to do it, but making the launch and landing smooth is the difficult part. Like if like you isolated the jump so you hit the exact spot every time, but that'll come another day. Idk, my bff Jill.

12. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

haha well put

13. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

When I first clicked into the link I thought it was going to be another crappy racetrack on Avalanche, but this one looks like a lot of fun. Great, original features. I can't wait to race it tomorrow

14. GREY JORDAN

GREY JORDAN Ancient

nice map looks very well thought through congrats!

15. SOG DaMorg

SOG DaMorg Ancient

as far as looks go, this map is awesome, but I did play it not that long ago and the gameplay is not to my liking...the honor system is in effect (cheating is easily done) and if you fall off the map it is really hard to get back into it...

16. Dark Zero Zero

Dark Zero Zero Ancient

I'd say keep playing if you have trouble getting back onto the map. I have never had trouble getting back where I want, I think you just need to get more familiar. And I wouldn't say it's easy to cheat either. I specifically made the map so that there are no shortcuts. The fastest way around the map is to take the track. Idk, I just don't understand where you're coming from.

17. heelflip360

heelflip360 Ancient

This looks pretty good. It's rare to see good race maps, and this is one of 'em.

18. Rippedmantas

Rippedmantas Ancient

19. Dark Zero Zero

Dark Zero Zero Ancient

It's not. Just stay to the center on the big mancannon jumps, don't like e-brake willy nilly into them, and you'll be fine. And the rest of the course is really easy to drive on after you make take a lap or two.

20. Fly

Fly Ancient

I'm gonna DL and get back.

Looks great!