I can't be the first to think of this. Can I?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by noodler2, Nov 4, 2010.

1. noodler2

noodler2 Ancient

Does this style of game exist in Reach? (My proposed game is different from typical demo derby imho)

The jist of it
    Use mainly vehicles to slay opponents. Vehicles must have offensive capabilities with one player (ghost/revenant/wraith/scorpion). The map is symmetrical and essentially flat.

The nitty gritty
    4 vehicles (ghosts/choppers(in halo 3/revenants/wraiths) are located at each corner of a simple symmetrical map. Players spawn near these vehicles, enter them, and then enter the arena. Players then use their vehicle to slay opponents. There is no platform to be knocked off of. Weapons and grenades account for a small fraction of the kills. Objects are placed in the arena to maneuver around and make gameplay interesting.

Picture (of the map in question)
    Photoon2010-11-04at21412.jpg picture by noodler2 - Photobucket

I hope I'm just helplessly dumb and there are already 500 of these maps on this site. Please check out the picture and let me know if this has been done. If it has been done please give me keywords to search for or links. I would appreciate it.

And if my picture link doesn't work please let me know. I have never used photobucket before. Be kind.

2. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

Definitely not the first to think of it. Probably not the first to make it. Pretty decent execution of it though. Different things are fun to different people, and us forgehubbers generally take pride in our maps being creative and original, hence the lack of 500 reposts. I'm sure there is maps with vehicle based combat, the goal might be a bit more complex though. Some problems with this design is it's attempt to be competitive despite the fact that the vehicles are not balanced. The map design could be more interesting and creative, and probably a few more not as significant things I can't think of at the moment. It's not a bad idea, I wish you good luck.

#2 Mischgasm, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  3. noodler2

noodler2 Ancient

Point of clarification: my map has 2 revenants in each base. No other vehicles are placed.

4. pyro

pyro The Joker

For vehicles, especially revenants and warthogs, the worst thing you can do is screw up the vehicle flow paths. One of the few things Bungie managed to do right in Hemmorage is make the terrain warthog/revenant friendly, so go with it, not against it.