Hype

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Shock Theta, Jun 17, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

8.8%
  2. OK

4.4%
  3. Average

8.8%
  4. Good

17.7%
  5. Great

60.2%
  1. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Hype
    Created By SuperFeiGn

Hype is an immensely competitive map, forged with unparalleled accuracy. Hype favours the MLG play settings, offering pure balance and excitement in a range of gametypes. What sets Hype apart from the many MLG themed maps is the amount of precision involved in its construction - many of the objects have been merged ever so slightly into the ground to remove any chance of a bump or a grenade slipping underneath. Hype also offers three levels of play, instead of just two levels like many of us have come to expect with typical MLG maps. If you are a fan of MLG, or just craving some competitive play, Hype is definitely the map for you. Check it out!

#1 Shock Theta, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

wow it looks really good! that is good if you have power ups mereged to show it's red teams base. nice!

3. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Am amazing map that i seems to always play. Its a new breed of MLG maps its less open than Onslaught and more unique things then amplified. Hype and Lockdown are what MLG maps are meant to look like.

4. Backwards Logic

Backwards Logic Ancient

This may not be the most complex map ever, but the forging speaks for itself. This must have taken forever to do, and shows how much effort you put into this. Congrats on the feature!

5. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

it was about time this map got featured it is so much fun to play that right after i played it in the FnF i went to my recent maps and saved it because i loved it so much well congrats and i hope to see more maps by you soon

-Gun

6. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

I thought this was awesome when I saw the original thread, so I DL'd and played it. Unfortunately, I decided to play with my friend who is semi-pro (about to become an MLG pro according to him. *I roll my eyes*) and even though I lost miserably, I still had fun. This is a great map, with some of the cleanest forging I've ever seen. Glad to see this featured.

7. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

You did a good job making a simple map complex and this is somthing most forgers wouldn't be able to do properly those little details are what got this featured

8. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

I'm not playing halo 3 at the moment, but when i do i will definetly download this. It looks amazing, i'll will just edit my post once i get back, but from what i van see, it will probably live up to the hype...lolz

9. LaTurno11

LaTurno11 Ancient

looks awsome dude!Nice interlocking i give it a 5/5.Good Job!

10. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

THAT IS FREAKING AMAZING awsome merging and it looks great for the gametypes

11. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

This is an amazing MLG map, glad it got featured. Great for team gameplay, this is one of the better of the base oriented MLG maps out there.

12. jedi eli

jedi eli Ancient

This is an amazing MLG map. It has great interlocking and geomerging and the map itself is awesome. Actually, I don't know how many times I can say awesome to describe this awesome map because this map is absolutely... awesome.

13. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

grats on the feature i will check this one out

14. Evil Ninja

Evil Ninja Ancient

Wow! Congrats SuperFeign! I'm glad to see you're getting recognized for your freaking amazing work!

15. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

nice feature, i knew it would be featured eventually. personally it's my favorite MLG map. i'm predicting the next feature here... my senses say Interrobang!

16. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

Wow, thats all I can say is wow! Its an amazing map!

17. Shedo

Shedo Ancient

it looks kinda close to that on MLG map.. Forgot the name. looks good though ;)

18. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I don't get what all the hype is about this map.
    Lol, get it? Hype? Hype?

Retarded puns aside, this looks like an interesting map, for MLG. Something a stay so far away from that the mere mention of it will send me scurrying. Still, it looks good for a lot of team-based objectives.

19. schmidget

schmidget Ancient

Wow! Some of the best merging I've ever seen, but the map layout is very basic... Would be fun though! Have to give it a try!

20. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

This is a great map, probably one of my top two base mlg maps.

Still can't say I'm sure I like the middle though.