Hydro Thunder

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Grif otaged, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Grif otaged

Grif otaged Forerunner

Well this is my first map post so lets get to it.

Heres a video of the map- YouTube - Hydro Thunder - A halo 3 race track

This map took me about 1 day to make. It has lots of ghost merging and a pefect banked turn. Yes i know about the major cheating spot. get over it. If you dont like it then just leave. This is my second race track. Do i look pro at this. no, im not. anyways it has banked turn, drifting spots, a few tight turns, and lots of detail. so if you like my maps or wanna forge with me, add me on xboxlive- grif otage

Download here- Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Have fun and comment below.

#1 Grif otaged, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. Spartanchief34

Spartanchief34 Forerunner

You need a bigger description and maybe some pictures. Also, its seems after you do a lap it looks like there is a spot where people can cheat and cut the tracks lenghth dramaticly you should try to block that. It's a great map though!

3. Hat

Hat Guest

I absolutely love the music as does everyone else because if there is anything the internet has taught us it's that everyone has the same tastes of music.

Now on topic (so this isn't spam)

The race track is just boring. I didn't spend much time on it because its the same thing over and over again so next time make it bigger. Also i could very easily cheat to get down to the end and it doesn't even look like you though/cared about that. Also the turns need to be bigger, i keep hitting the sides.

#3 Hat, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  4. scottie fing R

scottie fing R Forerunner

I guess the tracks okay. It's got good ghost merging but I agree with Thehatofwin.

5. BurnNSky

BurnNSky Forerunner

Haha, I get the RvB reference :D And also, I agree with the non-spam part of the post. This is a well made racetrack, but it's just one circle. It's a pretty circle :) But I prefer wild tracks that twist and turn a number of different ways each time. You appear to have the talent, but perhaps you should get more creative.

6. SenorFluffyBuns

SenorFluffyBuns Forerunner

Not true

OT: The map doesn't seem like you put very much effort into it due to the fact that there isn't nothing really special except the turn, which is ok though.

7. Xx Z0R xX

Xx Z0R xX Forerunner

I like the fact that the whole track is all left turns. A lot of people prefer alternating turns but i think it works well for this track. What u could've done instead of leaving the track mostly on the floor of foundry, is bring the track up a level or two, make it a little longer and more interesting. nice work though

8. Grif otaged

Grif otaged Forerunner

ha thanks. at least some poeple like it. and i put effort into it. (says moar but would gets banned. lolz)