HSFN / iForge Custom Testing

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by brusky0086, Feb 6, 2017.

1. SeanScruffy

SeanScruffy Heroic

Also, if you'd be interested, "Totem" has gotten an update if you wanna give that another go

FFA recommended

brusky0086 likes this.
  2. GuiltySparkx

GuiltySparkx Legendary

Map Link to Halo Waypoint: https://goo.gl/4WhA0G

Short description
    let’s see what kind of galaxy we woke up too. Halo Wars 2 themed battlefield set for new gamemodes like Heavies, Extraction, and more! Map is a large 8v8 big team battle map with 3 blitz hills and a crashed unsc heavy frigate surrounding it. Has an aesthetic mix of the natural terrain of the Halo ARC, Forerunner structures, and Banished themes on top

Player count 2-16 (16 best experience)

Gametypes
    Slayer
    Heavy Strongholds
    Specially designed CTF
    Bomb Rush (Halo 2 multibomb)
    Flag Runner (3 Neutral Flags)
    Extraction (currently is broken but I will fix it this week)

Prefered gametype for testing
    Heavy Strongholds

What are you looking for regarding the test?

The map has already been released but I would like some feedback on any of the following topics to enhance the map
    -Gameplay balancing and issues
    -Map Flow/Layout
    -Any other major or minor problems you would like to address

Link to map submission on Forgehub CLICK

brusky0086 likes this.
  3. CaptainDireWolf

CaptainDireWolf Forger of the Wild
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

Map: Battle Shell
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/...DireWolf_cd4b9e98-06ab-4038-bef9-ae592c940b70
    Gametype: Blue Shell
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/...DireWolf_751b0f3c-e23e-45bd-9da1-fa70ef0d4da0
    Players: 2-16

Short Description:
    Battle Shell is a mix of N64’s old Mario Kart battle mode and infection with Koopa shells. The concept is simple for the humans: jump on your kart and stay alive as long as you can, while dodging the Koopa shells!
    The alpha infected controls a rampaging blue shell that will teleport those poor souls that get caught in its path to their deaths. The base infected get to control the red shells, which don’t teleport anyone, but pack a mean punch. Smack, push off, or roll over the humans in their karts to win.

- I would love some feedback on any issues that crop up during your play run as it's only been tested a few times, along with any suggestions for improvement to make it more fun. Thanks!

4. GrayishPoppy210

GrayishPoppy210 Legendary

5. Unfound

Unfound Art Team
    Forge Critic

brusky0086 likes this.
  6. smoothjazz

smoothjazz Heroic

Map Name: One Year After

Gamertag: The1nhuman3

Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...1nhuman3_2a719769-7a42-47b0-bef6-08cb3b0e2a6c

Game Type: Infection ea3e2186-f1b2-4292-974e-6833746ed47f.PNG

Description: Its been a year since the infection epidemic not much is left in world but hey at least the lights are still on but if i were you id stay in the light you dont know whats lurking in darkness. If you cant handle the darkness you don't deserve to survive this infection. this town will become your grave like those who came before you.

#166 smoothjazz, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    brusky0086 and Fili Thorrulf like this.
  7. CaptainDireWolf

CaptainDireWolf Forger of the Wild
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

Map: Paradise Lost
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...DireWolf_dcdfef56-2516-422f-91c7-53f6c73dc172
    Gametypes supported: Slayer, CTF, Stronghold, Infection

[​IMG]

Short Description:
    Map is loosely based on Bora Bora in the South Pacific, where gameplay takes place on over-the-water bungalows and a little island.

Could you test for:
    -Gameplay balancing and issues
    -Map Flow/Layout
    -Any other major or minor problems you would like to address

Thanks!

8. Ascend Hyperion

Ascend Hyperion The Homeslice
    Staff Member Forge Critic

Ascend Hyperion
    Map: Stoneshore
    Gametype: BTB Strongholds
    Link

Desc: BTB map set in and around a massive aging sea wall. Focus on attack/defend style play.

Looking for feedback on thematic presence and appeal. Do players feel like they have options on the map. Is the weapon pool fun and dynamic or overbearing? Is there enough movement around the map?

SeanScruffy likes this.
  9. SeanScruffy

SeanScruffy Heroic

10. SeanScruffy

SeanScruffy Heroic

11. ANEVILSPAR7AN

ANEVILSPAR7AN Forerunner

Map: Cryo Stasis
    Gametype: Halo 3 Strongholds
    Player Count: 4v4
    GT: ANEVILSPAR7AN
    Reason for Testing: I need Objective gameplay tested since Slayer works perfectly.

brusky0086 likes this.
  12. KeeLoker

KeeLoker Legendary
    Wiki Contributor

Sunday Screams :viral:
    Map: Chimera Labs
    Gametype: Project Chimera
    Player Count: 12+
    Description: Linear Infection map set in the initial fall of a Spartan laboratory. Only option is to flee to a saferoom on the opposite side of the facility with two optional paths to take.
    Note! You and your group can only choose one path per round. Which ever path is chosen first must be progressed through and the other path cannot be accessed until the next round if chosen.
    I've tested this map before in this lobby but recently, after being on a small hiatus from forge, I decided a good way to jump back into it was by revising an old map I created. A lot of the map has been changed in terms of design physically and aesthetically. I'm looking to see if these changes improve and enhance the gameplay more so than it was previously. I'd also like to know if the map is aesthetically pleasing.

#172 KeeLoker, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  13. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Heroic

I'm finally back, and this time I've remade that 3K_Smash map that was really unclear before.

Map Link to Halo Waypoint (Required): https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-au/...ndersNed_ac46c3e6-ca50-4537-b3b0-b25a16122898
    Short description: A remake of the CS:S Classic, mg_3k_smash_lego_copter. Survive the falling tanks long enough to get Void's Tears and bring down the other platforms, or jump to the middle and teleport to the Phaeton to bring them down yourself (or use the Void Boltshot.)
    Player counts: 8-16
    Gametypes: Custom gametype, link here.
    Prefered gametype for testing: Custom gametype
    What are you looking for regarding the test? (spawning,art,weapons,etc): Need to make sure it's fun and more understandable now. I also need to make sure that the weapon spawning works properly and that you can't kill people directly (by shooting them)

Just in case, here's what I remade:

brusky0086 likes this.
  14. MrDeliciousman9

MrDeliciousman9 Legendary

brusky0086 likes this.
  15. Fili Thorrulf

Fili Thorrulf Heroic

map name: Tokyo-3 Ruins
    Gamer tag: FOTUS Doomsday
    Gametype: Evangelion.
    Players: 7min 16 max
    Perfered testig game type: Evangelion
    Map link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...Doomsday_4eb65d38-fecd-4371-bc19-7e3f4c12a95f

Gametype link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...Doomsday_40d0574d-9e57-4457-920a-700ea6bc0150

I'm looking for information on how it plays for both human and infected, if it's to hard to see, if it's to easy for humans to win. If infected win every time. I also need to know if the zombies fly out of the map to often, or if players drown to often. This map is a new survival concept, and currently is designed to not have weapons on the map, so if they are required I can place them around the map but right now there are none. In general it's a highly experimental gametype, and I have zero clue if it can work in its current state, nor do I have time to test it with a lobby myself.

16. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Got all new submissions expect videos soon:)

17. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge

Sandbox is phenomenal guys!!

GrayishPoppy210 likes this.
  18. LazyStudio

LazyStudio Legendary

map name: Mini Wars -Working Title
    Gamer tag: x sl0th x
    Gametype: Mini, slayer
    Players: 7min 16 max
    Preferred testing game type: Mini Wars,Slayer
    Map link:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/... SL0TH X_932c7e0e-9d71-4ff7-ba5e-79601d5522f3

Gametype link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/... SL0TH X_7e139529-f7cf-47c9-8ac9-f6eb5ab844fb

This map and gamemode is in Alpha stage and I am really wanting feedback when it comes to how smooth the game play is. My main goal is to create a fast mantis swat gamemode. The map is very early on design and I really only want feedback the concept and if it is working.

19. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge