HSFN / iForge Custom Testing

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by brusky0086, Feb 6, 2017.

1. ArturBloodshot

ArturBloodshot The Architect
    Forge Critic Senior Member

RIP :(

brusky0086 likes this.
  2. Pat Sounds

Pat Sounds Legendary

Dude...that sucks :(

brusky0086 likes this.
  3. Justinsane

Justinsane Heroic

Oh no... Lucky for me I have both a physical and digital version :) Eliminate all the possible problems! :D

#63 Justinsane, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    brusky0086 likes this.
  4. GrayishPoppy210

GrayishPoppy210 Legendary

For Wednesday:

WHY YOU STILL NOT TESTED THIS :(
    If you're struggling with full lobbies or something id just open then lobby. There should still be enough people who can give decent feedback)

Venus
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/...Poppy210_02e32520-0492-4bb8-bc59-f8452f519379
    Gametypes: slayer, strongholds, CTF
    Playercount: 8v8
    Preferred gametype: strongholds
    Description: btb map based on the first Venus mission in destiny.
    What I'm looking for: should the mantis be removed as it has been a very controversial vehicle? What should i do about the flooded back corridoor (little gameplay occurs there)? And any other feedback you can give.

Oh and although I haven't been able to really update it for this week, do you think it'd be a good idea to make it into a 4v4 map as 3v3 is not a common playercount. Or would it maybe be better to shrink it for 2v2. Thanks.
    (Just message me your answer so I'm not causing spam in the thread)

Also my GCSEs are coming up so I will be forging very infrequently but will try to update these map submissions each week

#64 GrayishPoppy210, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    brusky0086 likes this.
  5. MrDeliciousman9

MrDeliciousman9 Legendary

I have 2 submissions. Gamertag is Mr Deliciousman.
    First map is:
    Name: firewall
    Players: 4
    Notes: I have made changes to weapon layout and have adjusted spawn and power weapon locations.
    Game type: extermination
    Halowaypoint link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ciousMan_42d90610-df07-4ae9-ac10-d84262a66015
    2nd map
    Map name: protocol
    Players 4v4
    Game type: slayer
    Description: this is actually a 4v4 slayer, stronghold version of firewall. Built for true 4v4s.
    Halowaypoint link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ciousMan_36566c07-9e46-45f2-aa4a-7fb99c91bf72

brusky0086 and ArturBloodshot like this.
  6. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge

Sunday Night Screams Lobby 2-20-17
    Breakdown.

Thanks again to all the Players that helped Monday I was unable to do it Sunday.The stream is in past broadcasts on my Twitch and i will twst most of these again this week at sone point.

Now let's get to the maps!

Map 1-
    Eight Pages
    Gametype-Slenderman
    By ArturBloodshot
    Players-12
    Games Played- 3
    Based on the popular urban legend you and your fellow Spartans must find slenders 8 pages hidden in the map to win while avoiding the killer.
    The map is creepy.A+ on that but hard to navigate until becomes familiar. Once familiarized tho it becomes very enjoyable and repeatable.The teleportation action is a crazy well done I've never seen anything like it and it terrified the lobby.Some visual cues to help navigation would be my only recommendation but as always there is feedback from lobby on stream.

Map2-
    The Labs 2.0
    Players-12
    Games Played-2 (only 1 on stream)
    by KeeLoker
    Gametype-Project Chimera
    (Linear Infection)
    Very well done and enjoyable.The size of the three hold out points is correct and the initial door entry by infected good however there were able to get spawn killed there a lot until they figured out the teleporter.However all in all we had a great time and you can hear it in the stream.I went really have any negative feedback here the map performed as intended and was fun.Aesthetically solid as well not sure how much prettier you can get. Will test again this week and see how that lobby feels.Great Job so far tho.Impressed me.

Map 3-
    Forest of the Dead
    Gametype-Flood
    by Justinsane
    Players- 10
    Games Played- 1
    Second week of testing and I feel you addressed all the feedback from previous week so great job.Collapsing the back hall made a big difference I felt and you just need to get the scripting perfect on that door. I think it can still get better so I hope you focus on the feedback from the tests last night I'd really like to see this be popular.Maybe tweaking the gametype more or changing it might help too if anyone has any rad thoughts on Infected Traits:)

Map4-
    Liche
    Gametype-Infection
    by DC Valorstrike (iForge,TGC)
    Players-14
    Games Played- 1
    A Reach Themed Infection Maps this was a bonus test on a map I have played for awhile and deserves much more than the amount of bookmarks it has.Liche is excellent.Both layout and design go hand in hand to immerse you in a solid Reach Infection Experience. This map has no problems with spawns or gameplay but DC is always open to constructive feedback so if you have your own thoughts write them below but definitely find Valor on XBL and snag this map and give it a shot too.See if I'm wrong and then please below tell me why.

Map-5
    Steel Mill
    Gametype- Infection
    By INFINUT (iForge)
    Players-14
    Games Played-1
    Another tried and true favorite of mine Steel Mill is genuinely great.With a scary atmosphere and rad aesthetics with lots of vertical routes and high spawns for the infected make it immersive and fun.Definitly a great bookmark.Functions without problems.Note-Great Job fixing the spot I broke out previous.

Map-6
    Flood Island
    Gametype- Flood Island
    By LXM Nadekill
    Players-14
    Games Played-1
    A very large map with a custom game type it played ok with what your going for.I'd like to see a little more condensing of the map to make smaller however it was easy to get around with infecteds traits.As a Spartan I could not quite ever get to island and dmr before caught but I'd like to.A good solid start let's just polish it up and I think your good buddy.Will test again.

More to come once I finish typing it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    New Disc Cost me Battlefield 1 so i guess RIP to dat:)Thanks EA!

7. ravenking91

ravenking91 Legendary

GT: OverlordRaven91 (co-forged by xMalevolution)
    Map: Obsidian
    Gametype: Extermination
    Players: 4v4
    Notes: no longer a block out, full aesthetics in effect. Slight changes made to layout and spawns. Active camouflage is replaced by damage boost upon respawn.

Also...

Map: Malachite
    Gametype: Extermination
    Players:4v4
    Notes: replaced rail gun for sniper. Added an extra clip to hydra

And...

Map: Gypsum
    Gametype: Team Slayer
    Players:4v4

iForge

ArturBloodshot likes this.
  8. JA50N 0

JA50N 0 Legendary

Map: iSland 002
    Gt: JA50N 0
    Mode: assault, strongholds
    Player: 4v4

#68 JA50N 0, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  9. Spaceork02

Spaceork02 Legendary

map 1:
    parallax
    (Blockout)
    gametype: 4v4 Extermination
    map-variants

map 2:
    1.5(Blockout)
    gametype: 4v4 Extermination
    map-variants

10. Pat Sounds

Pat Sounds Legendary

Would love to get a test on this tonight if there's room. I've made a kinda crazy change to the weapon set and would like to see if it's a great idea or a terrible one...

Map: Helheim
    Mode: Extermination

#70 Pat Sounds, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    brusky0086 likes this.
  11. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge

Work had me there super late i will run the iForge Exp Lobby Thursday night @ 10pmcentral to 2am

JA50N 0 likes this.
  12. Dead Cassette

Dead Cassette Legendary

13. GrayishPoppy210

GrayishPoppy210 Legendary

For tonight (same as last week):

Map name: Shulva
    Description: based of sanctum city from dark souls 2
    Playercount: 4v4
    Gametype: extermination
    What are you looking for?:
    General feedback, size?, Weapons? Etc.
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/...Poppy210_84fe7f9b-91d6-4d1e-bb58-6995958738cb

Map name: Flameless shrine
    Desc: AndyLardboy's Firelink shrine from dark souls 3 edited for extermination
    Gametype: 4v4 extermination
    What I'm looking for?:
    Is it too small?, are boundaries clear?, Another other general feedback
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/...Poppy210_8e309735-5eec-4acb-b2e0-cd0d2cfcf800

Map name: High wall
    Desc: currently in semi blockout. Based of high wall in dark souls 3
    Gametype: 4v4 extermination
    What I'm looking for?:
    General feedback, size?, Weapons? Etc.
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/...Poppy210_82402e1a-bf5b-4ba2-8e33-4c505ecf8842

Thanks
    -GrayishPoppy210 (iforge)

I won't be on halo alot at the moment because of GCSEs but I'll still try to respond to any feedback I receive

14. ImDahUnicorn

ImDahUnicorn Legendary

submitting my maps for corny customs as I only play maps that have been submitted here.

map(s): minidown, kotp dccd, nugohus and aydc fx
    forger: ImDahUnicorn
    mode: extermination (4v4)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2017 ---
    also if someone would like to join the corny customs later, just send me a message :)

15. KeeLoker

KeeLoker Legendary
    Wiki Contributor

I wasn't able to find the stream when you guys played my map in your past broadcasts...it starts at the forest of the dead map

brusky0086 likes this.
  16. Brandon R.

Brandon R. Heroic

17. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge

Ill run again kee
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2017 ---
    Core tests maybe later on if not ill do before infect tomorrow

18. brusky0086

brusky0086 HSFN/iForge

The iForge Experience Random Lobby
    2-24-17
    Core map Tests.Catching Up On list please be patient.
    Footage @ www.twitch.tv/Brusky0086

Map-1
    Abyss
    By TheRoflzDude (iForge/HSFN)
    Gametype- FFA
    Players-5
    Games Played-1
    A warm up for the me and the boys as I have had a terrible week not being on Halo but alas I'm back with a digital copy and ready to get sweaty.It was a random lobby and so not as structured as usual but I wanted to knock some out.Started here.
    Abyss is excellent for FFA or 3v3 and 2v2 Games.Its center pit gets you warmed up jumping and moving while it's narrow halls and overlapping routes keep it new and exciting.
    TheRoflzDude has been in our community for a very long time and this definitely shows that.A solid map that could use more testing by other ForgeHub lobbies:)

Map-2
    Calypso
    by pharmagansta
    Gametype-FFA
    Games Played- 1 (2)
    Players-5-6
    We only got in a FFA on here but had a great time again non the less.Still a lot of people falling off at Invisibilty but otherwise played fine and FFA spawn set is something I think should be set up.I will test this again 4v4 however because I'm digging this map so check back and great work so far Pharma!

Map-3
    Hellhiem
    By Pat Sounds (iForge)
    Gametype -Extermination
    Players 3v3
    Games Played- 1
    The overshield made this quick as JaySloan dominated the gameplay with 20 plus kills.Pat was present however so discussions were had and a replacement will be chosen because of this we chose to wait on the second test.Layout and aesthetically this map is solid and has a very rad theme.Once OS is replaced we will work on the gameplay.Solid work so far Pat.

Map-4
    Silo
    By Mr Pokephile (Forge Labs)
    Gametype- Extermination
    Players 3v3
    Games played-1
    Not submitted but one I have been testing on my own because Sean's a rad dude and spends time on us so we owe him.But all that aside the map would be being played anyway.It has a top notch are style and theme with great details abound.The layout is very playable so far with very few if any issues.Players did tend to hold out in bottom by explosive crates to push a draw but aside from that the test went well and everyone certainly enjoyed the map.Well done Forge Labs!

Map-5
    Extermination Dragon
    by X SLOTH X (iForge)
    Gametype-Extermination
    Players 3v3
    Games Played-1
    Based on his BTB map Gullivers Dragon this is a condensed version which plays in and around the skull.ribs,arms,and pool of blood from a giant dragon type creature.I know right...
    Rad theme and well executed Sloth.The blood is killer if only we could make it splash on people oh boy.The ribs break up the center lines nicely and their usability to get up and over other players makes for surprises and delights in engagements.Using mostly natural terrain for the pathing seems good but maybe some kind of broken structures on side caves to break up the visual flow a little might spice it up.The weapons and spawns were good and my only complaint is the hole inside skull were u can hide.Just block that off.In EXT the other team has to know there their otherwise they'll never close out the round if someone is hiding in there.Will test again so check back.Great Start.

Map-6
    Eclectic XE
    By Bloodpony (iForge)
    Gametype-Extermination
    Players 3v3
    Games Played-1
    A modified version of his winning HSFN Creative Force ForgeOFF map.He has reworked the layout to play with EXT .Aesthetically it's good so no changes there and we know that.But the top center was not used at all and most felt frustrated trying to get there.I figured out skill jumps and was able to utilize the power up but most didn't and it was neglected.This definitely would effect gameplay. I think making it a little more accessible.The maps size is small and adding a teleported from corners in flanks of red to blue would help I think as well.Will test again however so check back.Great job on the sides and reworked jumps to bridges I do like those but keep in mind that while you are I can recognize that's a skill jump or crouch jump a great percentage of the population does not.So to them it's just not a jump. They don't see it.So for every hard one you need an easy one another way there. That's the only way to achieve balance. Food for thought.But keep working I'd like to see this work for obvious reasons.I will test again Sunday tho and see how it goes:)

Map-7
    islands WIP
    By JA50N 0 (iForge)
    Gametype- Assault
    Players 4 v4
    Games Played- 1
    A Work in progress on its initial tests I cannot dive to deep into criticizing anything yet.The working gates are nice but can confuse some players.Color Coding sections on the doors might help.Otherwise I must play more.Aesthetically as always killer JAY.Nice mix of terrain and tech.Check Back soon for more on this one here.

Map-8
    Skyhook
    By Uncommon future
    Gametype-Slayer
    Players 4v4
    Games Played- 1
    Reina's remake of Orbital is highly under played . It is perhaps the best working version of it and has been released for a long time.If you haven't played It your missing out.Very Rad.Very Good.And no negative feedback here!Reinas legit guys check out her files if you doubt me.

Map-9
    Vaporous
    By INFINUT (iForge/HaloCustoms)
    Gametype- Slayer
    Players 4v4
    Games Played -1
    A brand new core map from Nut this was its maiden voyage.Aesthetically and thematically very well done I would expect no less from you.
    Center kind of confusing.Spawn areas solid.More smooth routes for ghost.More test needed before anymore.Check Back Great Job Nutty Nut!

Map-10
    Extermination1.5test
    By SpaceOrk02 (iForge)
    Gametype- Extermination
    A late submission and random test Ork is a loyal helper and supporter and a great kid that enjoys the community so it was nothing to test his submission.He is after all the winner of the HSFN Creative Force Kids Contest from November.So expectations are high. And I have to say.Well done so far.The map performs well however the high points in top center are overpowering if that player is on point with his shots.But being first test its not fair to go to deep on this yet.I feel that the size is right and the pathways are a good start. Until we test again ill put judgement on hold.Great start.
    Check Back.
    More Core Tests Sunday early PM.See us then and then for Screams! On time tomorrow!
    Next week adding some MiniGame Testing with the help of JoeAct20 and Darth dink the heads of Forge Consolidated and makers of PropHunt
    ,World War Forge,Mini Star Wars,and more!

LazyStudio and JA50N 0 like this.
  19. Pwn Jones

Pwn Jones Legendary

For Monday Night 2-27-17 iForge Experience (know this is a late entry for the day but Im out of town the next two days and was hoping to get some testing done if possible). Would like to be present to get theatre footage as well so I can review spawns and other elements on the map.

Map name: Proving Grounds 1.0
    Gamertag: Pwn Jones
    Game type: Slayer & CTF (Strongholds optional)
    Description: Remake / Upscaled version of Halo 2's Sanctuary for Halo 5. The art style for the map was inspired by Halo 3's Pit and some other military training facilities. The layout of the map is generally the same as the original with some slight modifications / adjustments just for Halo 5. The map has been stretched out slightly to account for sprinting and the hight of the bridges / walls were adjusted so you can't scope jump and grab ledges. Lifts were added to red and blue Hut like in H2A to make the area more dynamic. The weapons and locations have changed slightly and so have the power weapons. Two snipers have been a staple on Sanctuary so I kept that the same but made the respawn 240 second and only put 1 additional clip of ammo so there isn't an excess of sniping happening the entire game. Two shotguns would have been excessive so I swamped them out entirely for Projection SMG's. For slayer, a hydra is located bottom mid and for CTF a sword is placed bottom mid (helping players run the flag faster since the map is larger). As I said before, a few other weapons were removed or replaced so gameplay doesn't become to power weapony overall. I set up the spawn points to match H2A spawn as closely as possible but they need to be put through testing to make sure they're okay.

Notes: I would like to see what you guys think about the map over all, art style, gameplay, spawn points, engagements, scale, power weapons / weapon placement etc. Im mostly curious how it plays 4v4 on slayer and CTF and if it plays closely to the original sanctuary with H5 mechanics. Strongholds is functional and can be tested if you'd like but its not a priority. Thank you!

brusky0086 and ArturBloodshot like this.
  20. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

Map: Eclectic X
    GT: Bloodpony
    4v4 Extermination

Reworked the map based on feedback from the stream. X is the new version ( will get rid of the XE version).

Shrunk down the map a bit, lowered jumping platforms so skill jumps are not needed, and replaced two ramps with additional passageways to the top center platforms. It plays a lot faster now, so thanks for the feedback!!

Hopefully it can be tested soon to work out any additional kinks. Thanks!

#80 Bloodpony, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017