How To Make Walls Stay Straight After S&Q

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Kronos, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

Thx alot. One of my maps suddenly came to a halt when I got extremely fustrated and turned off my xbox without saving.

2. xxDECKERxx

xxDECKERxx Ancient

I set up some walls in the air(Sandbox) as floors in local and did a s&q. Walls became tilted when I went back in. I also had the Ethernet disconnected while attempting this. Really is a shame it doesnt work.

Some what related, does this s&q bug disrupt just walls or is it the same with all scenery?

-Decker

3. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

lol, nvm...

4. xxDECKERxx

xxDECKERxx Ancient

I set up some walls in the air(Sandbox) as floors in local and did a s&q. Walls became tilted when I went back in. I also had the Ethernet disconnected while attempting this. Really is a shame it doesnt work.

Some what related, does this s&q bug disrupt just walls or is it the same with all scenery?

-Decker

5. TheKeebobBobagawa

i tried it also, didn't work.

6. CrazyPants

CrazyPants Ancient

You really just posted the same thing twice? >__>

And chances are, this was just a lucky thing.

7. xxDECKERxx

xxDECKERxx Ancient

Yeah I hit back and it did a double post :( I reported it already haha. I am trying to find a way to get the double walls to be flat, so if anyone comes across any solutions please tell me.

-Decker

8. BadBall3r

BadBall3r Ancient

Sounds like some are having success while others are failing. I hope it works for me.

9. SaiyanForce

SaiyanForce Ancient

I can't load maps offline, it angers me, so I'm not sure if this works or not. Can someone do the math to find the success rate?

10. Goatnuts

Goatnuts Ancient

This doesn't work simple as that, I tested it on my own before I even saw this thread.

11. xxDECKERxx

xxDECKERxx Ancient

There isnt a success rate, being offline doesnt work. If you want to test it yourself you have to sign onto xbox live, load the mythic maps in forge, then pull your ethernet. Maps will stay even though you are offline.

-Decker

12. SpeedDemon

SpeedDemon Ancient

It could just be XBL lagging, once i was forging w/ my friend on Live and S&Q a wall to interlock, then we started screwing around...made an explosition near the wall and it just flew out of place and un-interlocked. Since then i've forged on local and haven't had any tilting or flying wall problems again. haha

13. supertoaster

supertoaster Ancient

Have you ever noticed how moveable objects move or bump randomly?
    ( easiest to notice with cones ) well when you're connected to live for some reason a small "wave" comes across the map every now and again. Apperently being disconnected from LIVE makes this go away. I've tested this and i know for a fact this is true.

14. xxDECKERxx

xxDECKERxx Ancient

Even Offline it doesnt Work while forging in Sandbox.

15. Spades of SiN

Spades of SiN Ancient

Fail, fail, fail, FAIL! I tried over and over. Still failed. I hate Sandbox *cries*

16. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Honestly, I prefer a small bump in comparison to Z-fighting. I've yet to see a map where I can walk from one horizontal wall to another without "bump" -ing. Wouldn't proof of this working be so easy to show? Just show an example in a map. Until then, there is no definitive evidence that removing the Ethernet cord improves object alignment.

17. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I could show a pic of a map I'm technically not supposed to show due to my co-forger's preference to keep the desing secret(teaser pic in my sig). This pic would show that forging online occasionally does let you set walls lined up straight on their sides.

I'm not sure why it works out this way, but our map has never had a problem with flat walls making huge bumps, everything seems to be as flat as Foundry. And we forge together from kentucky to california so lag could not possibly be the issue.

18. sSENSE

sSENSE Ancient

It seems that objects that aren't merged seem to tilt more than objects that are merged? I would just maybe merge the tilted parts and maybe it would be tilted but smooth?

19. lefty0904

lefty0904 Ancient

I have a wireless connection...can i just disconnect from xbox live?

EDIT: Ok that didn't work. Has anyone found a way to make them stay with a wireless connection?

#39 lefty0904, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009