How to Forge Generator Defense

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by The Ghost, Nov 7, 2010.

1. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Love the idea.

For your lock thing with the drop shield. If you want to have a drop shield for each gen and then stop the drop shield from respawning when that generator is destroyed you could do this:

This will essentially be a box that dispenses out a drop shield, and stops dispensing out drop shields (keeps them inside the box) after the generator has blown up.

Like with your flag, you want some fusion coils creating a "floor" inside your box. But you will create an inclined floor out of fusion coils, so that when a drop shield lands on the fusion coils it will roll down. So the drop shield will roll down and out of a small slit in the side of the box, "dispensing" it outside for players to grab.

When the generator blows up, it will also destroy the fusion coils (set to never respawn btw) that make the drop shield roll out of the box. Now, when the drop shield respawns, it will just fall down to the bottom of the box, trapped inside and unable to be picked up by any players.

Hope that makes sense. It does in my head anyway!

2. The Ghost

The Ghost Forerunner

Tested it and a problem that occurred was that the drop shield wasn't spawning above the incline, but where it landed on the ground.

Besides, I think I'll stick with one drop shield for now. If during testing one drop shield isn't enough to help them defend then I'll look more into it.

3. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

To fix your little "spawning on the floor problem"

Grab Drop Shield
    Set physics to PHASED
    Place Drop Shield in air
    Then press X while hovering over the object
    Switch physics to NORMAL