How do you get 2-way teleporters to work??

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Firestarter 496, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Firestarter 496

Firestarter 496 Promethean

Hi, I am new to forging in Halo 4 and have just finished creating a map. However, the two 2-way teleporters I have on the map don't teleport me, either in forge or in game.

They are both set to alpha and as a result have the blue swirling effect, so they should work, but they don't. I've trying just floating them in mid-air just in case its because they were clipping with the teleporter frames they were in but still no luck.

Any advice from veteran forgers would be useful! Thankyou

2. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

did you make sure they were both 2-way tells, and that the shape is large enough fro a spartan?

when you create teleporters, it needs an area of effect (set by shape/width/height/length controls)

If this area of effect is too small (tanks need larger areas than spartans) than it will not work

3. Firestarter 496

Firestarter 496 Promethean

Yep the default size was not big enough. Thanks a lot!

4. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

no problem, I am glad that you tried to solve this on your own, most people won't even bother to troubleshoot by themselves.

good luck!

5. Euphorius

Euphorius Promethean

There's also currently a bug that makes Tele's sometimes not connect. Save and reload your map and it'll usually fix this issue.

6. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Really? So I changed my two ways to 2 senders and 2 receivers for no reason? I thought they straight didn't work in this game. Which wouldn't even surprise me. Honestly don't know how they were allowed to release a game with so many bugs and little problems.

7. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

Two-way's work fine. When they don't actually "connect" you can still go through them. They just don't render the glow of the teleporter node. It's rather strange, and very intermittent. When it doesn't work on one person's game, it may still work fine (and be visible) on someone else's who's in the same match.

Occasionally, you can have a really retarded moment where one sender isn't visible, but the other one is.

8. Euphorius

Euphorius Promethean

This really messes with my head sometimes. >< Why are people getting two separate instances in the same damn game? What programming error is causing that bullcrap?

9. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

This is gunna majorly **** with my linear infection forging.

10. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

<sigh>

343i- Good news M$!, Halo 4 is almost done!, all we need to do is fix a few bugs and do some beta testing before it goes gold!

M$- No, you will release it now, the longer we wait, the less money we get!

#10 SilentJacket, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  11. Euphorius

Euphorius Promethean

This is an ACTUAL REENACTMENT of M$, M$ Game Studios relations meetings.

12. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

I too have the render-less teleporter problem and am stuck on trying to fix it.