How do you do this?

Discussion in 'Screenshot Discussion' started by InferiorPigeon, Jul 27, 2009.

1. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

[​IMG]

I would like to know if there is a trick, or if these types of pictures are just edited. It's going to be really nice to show tactical jumps, as that is what they are typically used for.

Thanks.

2. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

You need to take multiple pictures of the spartan jumping while keeping the camera in the exact same location. Then, put them all in in Photoshop if you have it and overlay each picture on top of each other.

3. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

Okay, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure there isn't an easier way. =]
    Thanks.

4. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

Well, it could be a pain, but you could probably get 5-6 people to all do the jump 1 after another and take one screenshot of that... Maybe?

5. ehand88

ehand88 Ancient

Hmmm...that picture looks familiar. How I did this was first, take all the pictures from exactly the some position (there were 9 in this one). I have photoshop so thats what I used to edit. You just past each image on top of the previous and crop out the Spartan using a "new layer via cut", then delete the rest of the image. Repeat until you have used all the images. I'm not a photoshop expert by any means, but I sorta figured that out on my own.

6. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

Haha, at first that's what I thought people did! (about multiple people doing the jump). And I thought that would be much too complicated. So I came here. haha.
    I'm just going to do the PS method. =]

7. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

I tried it and this is what I came up with:

[​IMG]

Take a bunch of pictures from the same spot and put it in PS and cut out the background around each spartan.

#7 Psycho, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  8. ehand88

ehand88 Ancient

Yeah the first time I saw a pic like that I was like, WTF.....wait. Ok I see now..
    I find it fun to do stuff like that. Its definitely a good addition to your thread.

9. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

Hmm, I will probably clean this up a bit, it seems a little crowded.
    Good for a first try though. ;]

[​IMG]

10. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

I'm sure you were going to do this yourself, but I wanted to show you how many spartans you need:

[​IMG]

You don't need 12 spartans, especially at the angle you have it at. It looks way too crowded.

11. ehand88

ehand88 Ancient

When I'm taking the screenshots, I hold my thumb up and cover up the Spartan before I take the next pic. Then I advance the film forward slowly and make sure the next screenshot doesn't overlap with the previous one by keeping my thumb in the same place. If that makes any sense.

12. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

Er, where did you get that? lol
    I mean, thanks, but how? hahaha