hours of work, wasted?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Zero_S1gnol, May 8, 2009.

1. Zero_S1gnol

Zero_S1gnol Ancient

Im currently busy with my first real effort in creating a map in sandbox, and oh boy, bungie gives me a hard time with the numerous anomalies in this map in forge mode.

Did you know (yah prolly u do) that items on default sandbox can't not spawn on start. Meaning you can not interlock anything into the default objects. Now here's something just like it, but it's not a default object:

There's a double block lying around in the middle of my map wich I can't delete. Holy toast! What happened? Can you help me with either:

-giving a solution to delete it...
    or
    -my grief for all the work for nothing in my now not-so-symmetrical-anymore- map...

2. Zero_S1gnol

Zero_S1gnol Ancient

Exactly, it doesnt spawn at start. Still, it does'nt spawn at all...ever...but it's always there being in the way of anything I want to build. Positive side is it doesnt show in custom games, so I could work around it. Still quite an annoyance.

3. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

There is a glitch (I think it is, anyway) that when default objects are on place at start no, they stay for a bit even when on a respawn timer of 180 and cannot be selected. Just sit close to the object for a bit and it should disappear, when it finally does, force spawn it. When you do that, you should be able to move it around, delete it, etc.

4. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yea, you can still delete it but you have to sit there and mess with it for a bit, new rounding and force spawning it over and over till u get it to suddenly work right.

just dont use the default objects, theres absolutely no point to doing it.

5. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

1. Enter the game
    2. start a new round
    3. wait for the object to appear.
    4. Delete the object
    5. DONE!

6. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

I had this problem with the crypt hole plug. It destroyed my map and trust me, nothing can get rid of it if you've saved it. Nothing.

Just never use default items.

7. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

you can interlock with default objects BTW. just when you want to turn it on, press X on it's blue dot, change it to yes from there, not the actual object.

no solution from me for your current dilema tho

8. ROC bioflame

ROC bioflame Ancient

This problem is so easy and I figured it out in like 20 minutes. Sometimes your able to make it respawn but if it doesn't pop up then go to that object in your scenery pallet turn the min. to the max and then there should be a blue little arrow where you placed your object and it should let you edit it. If you can't edit it just wait alittle bit. I know this sounds really confusing but It's hard to explain it.