Hotel Zanzibar (164 DL) {Vr 2 on the way}

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by G043R, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G043R

G043R Ancient

Um... TO start this is my first complete map that you can say is original since you didn't look at my Omaha... This is a 4 Floor Hotel... with lots of corners... made to see if you will check out or... last the night...

This map has a lot of things to note of .. so i really need help testing it... still... I guess lets start with the Palm Trees...watch out for falling coconuts... they have been noted to killl!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a real way to get the power up by finding the teleporter.. that sends you there!

[​IMG]
    Each lobby floor is about the same on each level... making it 4 of them!
    This room is the only way to get to the elevator...

[​IMG]
    This is the bottom floor and you can get how it works..

[​IMG]
    Top FLOOR... guns, ammo... the enemy's Flag...

[​IMG]
    in the room there is showers... so if you get hit with a fire bomb you could survive if you wash them off...lol

[​IMG]
    This is an empty room still haven't come up with something to fill the room with... ideas? but there is a shot gun at the window...

[​IMG]
    THis is the attackers flag if there is multiflag... i want to surprise you on the VIP room where the flag is found on the Defenders side...

[​IMG]
    there is tons of ninjah pathways...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this also take in account the Estate... with ! the underground!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

last to cover is how to capture... not only do you have to get in to the hotel but out of it... you have to take the flag down a street next to the hotel... the street starting here.. [​IMG]

and passing by here[​IMG]

in you look in the Dump truck you could find something use full!you just may stink after wards...
    [​IMG]

and lastly... the end of the road...[​IMG]

Still testing games out but its really good... plays any game type you want... i tested about 4 of them..and i need feed back or testers...!

map link http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17055735

and link to my old topic....http://www.forgehub.com/home/index.php?topic=2480.45

Can I get some FEED back on at least the elevator?

More ninjah spots... as well as the over all add to the map...
    PICS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. G043R

G043R Ancient

Re: Hotel check in... For Hotel Zanzibar

i was wondering since this is kinda a hotel and focused on remaking the level it counts as Aesthetic right?

Sage likes this.
  3. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

There are a few crooked walls you may want to fix.

4. G043R

G043R Ancient

STILL WORKING ON IT>>... but this is a first test of the map... i want feed back on what i need to fix befor i finish it..!

5. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

Umm looks good will dl

6. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

I'd recommend to PM a mod, but i don't think it should be in the aesthetic section. The only thing truly aesthetic about it is the palm trees (which cracked me up!) Otherwise, it should be put in the Competitive map section with all the other warehouses, mansions, parking garages and other maps based on realistic locations, but set up for competitive play. If it was just made to resemble a hotel as closely as possible (which it doesn't really), but without the intention of people actually playing on it then it would belong here. Look at the McDonald's map as an example. Hope this helps.

7. sniper2460

sniper2460 Ancient

I think it is an aesthetic map, it just has the capability of also being used as a playable map.

8. G043R

G043R Ancient

This is a make of the hotel really...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and thats what you can compare...

9. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

Although that may not look like it, I can remember the hotel and it is fairly similar inside

10. G043R

G043R Ancient

thank you... also to not there isn't a game type to this...because it works all game versions.. any thing you can do it can do...I feel like it is almost a map fully made by bungie... you can really have any game you want ... I have played slayer, One bomb assault and Infection type games on it and it went well... every one thats played it loved it... and stayed till they had to get off about 2 hours of gaming... so yeah... its a good map

11. Projectt2501

Projectt2501 Ancient

I'm sorry, but if bungie made this map I'd stop playing Halo.

12. G043R

G043R Ancient

"I'm sorry, but if bungie made this map I'd stop playing Halo."

its what i feel like the map would be fun if it was made by bungie btw have you looked at it directly? Because... in your post you seem really rude... and your saying it just sucks... haven't really posted why you think its better and also for the account of it being forage makes no never mind to you... I think that your comment would be listen to if you put more effort into telling me what you think... besides you stop playin halo... and its still being tested... kinda waiting on feed back... on where i need to move weapons and the to finish this project...

13. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

This looks pretty good, a little sloppy in some areas but other than that is seems like a pretty good remake.

14. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

I likes it... but, how does the elevator work exactly?

15. G043R

G043R Ancient

you have to see it but the grav lift pushes it up... and the fusion coils brings it down... if you Dl it you can see it works... every 20 seconds it moves...

16. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

Re: Hotel check in... For Hotel Zanzibar(updated so walls are fixed...)

after walking around on the map with you it work pretty well all that you need is to fix it up a bit and then you could have a good map here Go43r. You also should tell the reason for why you put this up in the Aesthetic Maps section.

17. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

Interesting idea for a map. Ill try it out, though you need it up a little bit.... looks thrown together...

- Lemon :squirrel_rubberduck:

18. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

I helped test it for openings, trust me, it may look thrown together from these screenshots (and looking down on it) But when you play it, it works very well, I think it would be a fun map to play, all it needs is flickering lights and dead bodies (I wish).

19. G043R

G043R Ancient

Thats for back'n me um Coyote.

I put it here for 2 reasons... It was first was made to be only a map to look at... but also because it has a new idea of working elevator... that works!... but lastly the hotel Lobby is a remake of a part in Halo 2 Story line. I was later on told by a friend in real life to add to it so that it worked for game play... that top looks like its tossed together because I was trying to box people in and not Grenade jump in to rooms...
    I been cleaning that section up... there is in the works a 3 version.... fixing a few bugs like the extra way into the Flag room that you can't see unless you load the map your self...

20. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

Oh that one, when I was bored and played it yesterday I found it :squirrel_giggle: Trust me, there are very few ways to cheat around this map, that will actually be worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.