Horizon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DRiSCOLL, Jun 12, 2008.

?

What do u like best?

1. Multilayering

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. Canals

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Spawns

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Interlocked floor

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boydeh ..

Boydeh .. Ancient

This map looks great and when i played it it is a lot better ...
    The only bad thing is the spawn camping .

But the map is great and the interlocking must of taken you hours :)

2. many popes

many popes Ancient

It's very well interlocked and looks well made but doesn't look extremely big from the pictures.. I understand that quality doesn't always go with quantity so it doesn't bother me that much.

8/10 2 lost on map size but the rest is 10/10

3. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

this looks really good but some of the aesethics could use some work but good job 5/5

4. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

i apreciate ur cmt but it would b nice if u told me what u liked about it and what i could improve, that would help allot because i put allot of effort into it so pls if u will and every1 else no 1 linners thnks

5. Killamanjaro123

Killamanjaro123 Ancient

looks quite D-licicous, I will take a peek lata

6. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I've had a forgethrough of this map and it made a really good impression on me. Its very carefully laid out, well designed for balance and gameplay (from the look of it anyway, I haven't had a chance to play a game on it yet but will later tonight). The weapon placement seems balanced and not too dense or too sparse, I like the choice of sniper placement. The 2 sides are nicely opposed to each other whilst being very interesting and different from each other.

There are a few visual niggles and, as others have said, a bit more interlocking would be nice. But there seems to be nothing that actually affects gameplay negatively so this is far from urgent, more a matter of preference and a possible consideration to encourage more downloads and increase the initial appeal of this map, which is a great creation on its own. Some are less likely to download a map which they perceive to have visual flaws and, whilst this map can hold its own on design and fluidity terms, it could be worth perfecting its visuals just to encourage people to download it in the first place so they can see its strengths.

This is not to criticise this maps visuals as I find it very aesthetically pleasing, I like the style you have chosen and the effective use of the undersides of double boxes as a floor is nicely done, its something I really like as a technique as can be seen from my own maps and its also the closest you can get to true geoforming within the confines of foundry.

I'm going to play a few games on this tonight with my friend, probably 1v1s (splitscreen so it won't be too big) but I will get more people in on it if possible. I will report back when I have a good impression of the gameplay but my forgethrough impression is very positive, well done.

7. shadow cawn

shadow cawn Ancient

Looks like it would have taken much time to plan out and make kudos 5/5

My maps-Division and Battle Tower (eventually going to redo after lazy contest)

8. Rose Red

Rose Red Ancient

Very cool although it looks like you can break out in the middle by jumping off the door barricade to the middle top bunker platform.

9. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

the layout of this is reaally nice and pretty complex, i love maps that have a well planned layout such as this. however, some inter locking is very sloppy in my opinion. that second pic made me gag a little... but neatness is not what counts, gameplay counts. i will have to play this sometime. once i delete maps that i never play.

10. OddWorld17

OddWorld17 Ancient

wow i love this is a very creative map i love how you got all that interlocking perfect if i was u i would have ripped my hair out!! hehe, i like the little tunnel thing in the middle or what ever

11. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

i had a 1v1 on this map with my friend we both liked it alot.. its small but not to small, perfect for a 1v1. great job... btw bumped. :-D

12. Diminished814

Diminished814 Ancient

my friend blaze here told me to check this map out when it gets close to the bottom of the page.
    so here i am.i wasthe 1 that played a 1v1 with blaze on here and we had a ****load of fun. the only thing is while we were playing he go up on top pf the map. lol

13. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

This definitely has some character. I mean, it's actually kind of charming. Really nice.

It's easy to escape. Trust me, if I got out, it's easy. Just a thing to consider. I really don't understand why people don't use the whole room in Foundry, but if you don't, it helps to seal it off a bit better.

14. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

my name is r LOCKdownN, not lockout...silly

15. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

sloppy forging is throwing things together
    sloppy interlocking is taking the time to merge things, but not taking the time to make them work together

this map seems good, but i from the pictures it looks like you must constantly jump to get around so that you will not hit all the bumps

16. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

sorry about that i was in a rush thnks for correcting me :)

17. Killamanjaro123

Killamanjaro123 Ancient

it is a nice map, but a V 2 is probably necessary after I have looked around. the grav lifts in the spawns let people in, the map is easily breakable, and, nothing aesthetically stood out to me.

18. doughboy530

doughboy530 Ancient

great map 4.8/5

19. silentPERFECT

silentPERFECT Ancient
    Banned

this map is so cool but its sooooooooooo easy to get out of it :( if u could fix that this would be one of the best maps ever on my list

20. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

nice job the floor could be interlocked a wee bit but other than that its a soild layout i like the rivers alot nice job.!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.