Hone Your Jump

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Uc Gollum, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Uc Gollum

Uc Gollum Ancient

Yea Blaze, I wasn't offended or anything. It's rather easy for me too, but just about every friend of mine i tested with was unable to get past the delayed landing. Only trouble i have is if i misland on the bounce jump.

Oh, and the door teleport thing...sorry. I tried multiple variations to see which worked best, and i had to stick with forward movement & jump. It's not all too difficult, you do the same thing you would with a normal blocked teleport. I will fix this if someone can tell me what i did wrong. My goal was to be able to just walk into them, which i have done before...

Also, non-hosts are unable (or it is harder) to do the equipment jump (last section).

2. Fallenrat

Fallenrat Ancient

Golum whatever happened to Forgery lol, anyway nice map best map i've seen you make actually also i'm going to download it now and see if I can do all the jumps, one more thing, Glitchy Door hehehe

3. Uc Gollum

Uc Gollum Ancient

Hey Fallenrat. I actually posted on Forgery first, not FH. Yeah, i may switch the door system to a check point system too. The door teles at the moment are as best as can be... I'm probably going to revamp this a bit.

4. Fallenrat

Fallenrat Ancient

Yeah add checkpoints and do you want me to fix the door if you do invite me i'm on now
    also how do I get past bounce jump in pictures you were on top how do you get up there?
    NVM there is a ledge got up then found out you have to land on corner of bottom block
    finished learned a new jump equipment jump :D thanks

#24 Fallenrat, Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  5. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

I gotta say I really like this. Nice training course to hone your jumping skills. I like how they get harder the father you go in.

6. Uc Gollum

Uc Gollum Ancient

I have updated this map (with Fallenrat's help) and created a checkpoint system and much smoother door teleporters.

Weapons have also been added outside of the map for those who are just messing around with friends (once you reach the end you may do a crouch jump to get on top).
    The weapons do not respawn, so you may not be that really annoying friend =).

7. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

I know how to bounce jump, but when you delay jump you land right on the bottom bridge. How do you get on the second bridge, like in your screenshot?

8. Uc Gollum

Uc Gollum Ancient

I have small ledges on each side to jump up to the top. I did that to try and simulate "ghost edging," which is jumping off of things you cannot stand on.

9. Fallenrat

Fallenrat Ancient

Thats the hardest bit of the whole map. LOL
    And one of the most annoying, most people cheat at that bit.

10. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

cool course might use this for practice because jumping is actually a really important skill to learn and this map looks better than the others ive seen

11. PwnCakes

PwnCakes Ancient

i LOVE maps like these but i've never seen one with a equip jump before ... i love doing equip jumps and i usually pratice on guardian...

5/5 :)

a keeper for me :)

12. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

Jump maps are so awesome the only ones I've seen were by j4gg3d shr4pn3l.

13. Monsta Masha

Monsta Masha Ancient

looks pretty good. i've queued it for dl. I'll update this post once I've had a good go at it.

14. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

i hate double equiptment jumping--too hard but like it otherwise

15. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

The only thing this is missing is closure. There isn't anything fun at the end besides a shiny box. Still I like the course.

16. Uc Gollum

Uc Gollum Ancient

In the newer version (i replaced the link, so if you have DL'd recently, you should have it) you can jump out of the map and pick up a Sentinel Beam, Needler, Flare, and Radar Jammers. This would only be used if you were to mess around with friends or something. The weapons are also on Never respawn and the Flare is on 180 seconds (so you can't be too annoying). To reach this area you must find your way up with a few jumps and crouches (hint: crane).

17. gamer14tsb

gamer14tsb Ancient

i dont sapose you could make a video? ive goten up tothe second bridgebut i dont know where to go from there, ive never heard of any of these jumps other that the crough jump and equiptment jump but i can do them all except when i get to the top of the second bridge, where do i bounce off of? the floor just stops me and the box throws me to the ground faster!

18. IcexBullet

IcexBullet Ancient

Nicely made, my favorite part was the radar jammer jumps. though I can't get to there without cheating =( I don't know how to get from the second bridge to the crate. Maybe a video on completing it would be nice? anyway, nice map again

19. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

I like the idea of "practicing" jumps, on a special map for it!

I'll DL.

20. Uc Gollum

Uc Gollum Ancient

Ok. I just added a link to my film in the first thread. I did not do the course perfectly since i made this video quickly (a while ago).
    On the bounce jump, you have to land at about the intersection of the fence box & double box (bounce off of the fence box boosts your speed, hitting the double box boosts your height; this allows you to jump across {just my theory}).

#40 Uc Gollum, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2008