Sandbox Holy Grounds

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Skarrow, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Mechutu

Mechutu Ancient

First of all this map is great 5/5. Perfect for team doubles and no the ramps are not choke points, think like a ninja jump through the windows off of the railings. Just straighten up a few railings that jut out and put the weapon holder under the cube so it is invisible but the beam sword still floats. Great map and I'll be enjoying it for a long while. :)

2. Pel

Pel Ancient

Whoa! I love it! I like how you made grass, and it looks like gameplay would be fun. Maybe try adding something else onto the map for a V2. 4.7/5

3. Phan7om Pain

Phan7om Pain Ancient

Sweet Grass

love the grass. That is definitely a first. Well done. With the groups that i played this map with it did seem to have some bad choke points. Some side doors might fix that. That having been said it was still a lot of fun.

4. thumtac

thumtac Ancient

Wow...amazing use of grass for aesthetics and looks like great gameplay. 5/5

5. Skarrow

Skarrow Ancient

Thankyou for your suggestions, I will have to take the energy sword and hide it under the platform for v2. Thanks for the positive feedback though!

Yes a lot of people want me to add a side entrance for v2 so I'll probably do that.

Yea I figured that no one used the idea yet. The choke points will be fixed in v2. Thanks for the feedback!

6. patt06snipe

patt06snipe Ancient

This looks like it could start some intense games. The basic-ness of this map is peasing to me. It's kind of like midship in a way. Download from me.

7. PwnsauceAddict

PwnsauceAddict Ancient

aw ive been working on a map and i used the grass thing too, looks like you beat me to it tho. But the map looks really good 4/5

8. Orphanslayer92

Orphanslayer92 Ancient

This map looks amazing, one of the most creative I've seen. I really like how you used the tin cups to make the ground grassy. It looks great. The whole map is really beautifuly made, nice job.

9. Minime637

Minime637 Ancient

WOW this is such a creative and cool map. i absoloutely LOVE how you used the golf holes to make grass in the courtyard! that is absolute brilliance. the rest of the map is also very well built and very well thought out. overall i have to give this 5/5 for the constuction, 5/5 for freaking awesome creativity and 5/5 for astheticas

overall 5/5 i am downloading and playing ASAP!!

10. D4ni3l G

D4ni3l G Ancient

First off, grats! The map looks absolutely amazing, really clean and well interlocked. The Rocket room and each spawn looks like a bungie-made map. I have a feeling that this would be great for big games, despite the size. 5/5 keep it up.

11. RunTime83

RunTime83 Ancient

This map provides great gameplay for a simple layout. Really love the grass areas. Keep up the good work.

12. FourDoor

FourDoor Ancient

I played this map with a few friends for FFA and it flowed really well. It was perfect for 6 people to have enough room to jump and move around yet close enough that there was always action going on. The rockets were a little overpowering but aside from that, it played nicely.

13. Silentfury45

Silentfury45 Ancient

Wow i love the layout the grass is so creative and unique defintaly 10/10 by far. Downloaded:)

[​IMG]

14. Skanky Toast

Skanky Toast Ancient

Have you taken into account my suggestion to make a waterfall? It will really brighten up the map! To make it have more resemblance to beaver creek, ivory tower, or sanctuary. I'm looking forward to a v2!

15. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

Very original. Holy **** lol. Great job!

I honostly never thought of using the golf tins.

I might now lol.

16. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Ancient

Love it.
    All i can say.
    Plays awesome too.
    Hope this gets featured sometime!

17. Deathknoct22

Deathknoct22 Ancient

U gave me a really good idea for a map I hope it will be as good as this and I hope I can figure out the postin g on this site

18. Apple s4uc3

Apple s4uc3 Ancient

This is a nice map its big and clean and looks like it has good gameplay and it has nice gametypes.Nice job.

19. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

I played this map and it was very fun. I like the weapon choices, layout, and the lawn! Can't think of any improvements, though I do like the idea of a waterfall. I noticed that your map has a serious flicker problem, the lawn especially. I do understand that you couldn't do anything about the flicker but it is unfortunate.

Great map, a lot of fun and very creative and well thought out! 4.5/5

20. Flowbotz

Flowbotz Ancient

Yeah,the courtyard is pretty dang sweet looking.Try to fix up the weapons a little bit don't you think so.I mean a sword and a rocket launcher on the same map in the same spot almost including this is a close quarters map.I like the way you used the tin cups for grass.Way to keep it greean.Overall you could change the map up a little by adding some more so it would fix the weapon problem with it being overpowering to other players.