Holdout

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by dandanjeran, Oct 21, 2008.

1. dandanjeran

dandanjeran Ancient

The inevitable has come...
    So, the purpouse of this map is to teach you that when the zombies take over the world we have no chance and that zombies do not die if you blow on them. its the end of the world for a reason you know!i know the description is short but thats all there is to it all else i can say is that the game type is the the inevitable, feelfree to add me on XBL
    anyway... this is a small map for 5-10 playersbut you can have hecticfun with 16 people muahahahha... here are some pics i hope they work and by the way this is my first ever post dont burn me... Edit:lots of you want more description so, the main power weapons are the shotguns and snipers, which everyone has access to(but only 1 of each), to make the map a bit ore usefull it supports slayer. the other weapons are battle rifles as assault rifles are like pea shooters with this much cover and i wanted the experiance to feel a bit more.. tactial lest say, so battle rifles enforce the need for cover which tgismap has PLENTY of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    please coment
    oh and links...
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=56434067

#1 dandanjeran, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. dandanjeran

dandanjeran Ancient

please tell me if something is wrong :s...

3. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

well yeah, some parts are not what there supposed to be, you have got a discription, though it has the size of my D....., if you know what I mean, anyway:
    the map is small for infection, very very small and it seems to be that you just sit on a turret and yeah that's it, the map is plain and for some reasons the brigdes are sticking out of the map wall, It's not great, though not bad, some parts are well forged, but I don't know anything about how good it plays, so we will see........

4. FlipStik

FlipStik Ancient

First off, Welcome to ForgeHub! You've made yoru first map post up to standards, GREAT JOB! and you already know Interlocking, Awesome! If you've any reason to look for new forging techniques, I suggest checking out Forging 101.

Anyway, back to business. This map is pretty sick for a first map. The Interlocking is decent and all, but the idea seems a little odd and old. With a defenders base for the humans, with a turret and all. Anyway though I saw in your description you made the zombies invulnerable or something? I don't understand, because than gameplay would be extremely one-sided for the zombies. I don't know if I understand your description thoroughly, though. For you made some horrible grammar in it and it was in huge text (No offence intended.). Anyway the map looks pretty good. 3/5.

5. dandanjeran

dandanjeran Ancient

hmm it seems you guys are worried about the gameplay but i assure you that it is well balanced as the zombies are tough and can duck and cover their way through the map, asi say it is just meant for a couple of players not an entire party. but overall it plays out fine dont worry about one sidedness :)

6. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

You shouldn't link to your file share, rather the direcdt link to the map and gametype

Well done on interlocking your first map. Not a fan of Foundry but this isn't that bad. Would like to know a little more about it (eg weapons, spawns, player traits etc.)