Hivemind

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Nutduster, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

The weapon set and (non-falcon) vehicle set is built with that in mind. There are two plasma launchers, a neutral sniper, neutral rockets, and 4 plasma pistols (in last night's test there were at least two falcon deaths via EMP/drowning in the ocean). Plus the rocket hogs were chosen specifically because they're effective anti-aircraft vehicles. Of course, it can get problematic if you do what one team did last night, which was allow the other side to get three falcons in the air at the same time... but that's akin to losing your team's wraith on Hemorrhage; if you let it happen, you deserve what's coming to you.

Regarding the openness, so far I have only found the uncovered bridge to be an issue - until/unless I can economically add more cover to that, it's mostly intended for vehicles to cross (infantry have the mancannon bridge towers and the teleport bridge as alternate routes). The rest of the map is largely covered with ceilings and partly walled off on both sides. So hopefully, as long as people on the ground pay attention to where they're standing and where the dangerous breaks in the walls are, they should be able to avoid getting falconized.

Here's an edited version of one of the images above showing the ceilings (some that were removed for this pic originally) (red), highlighting the external-facing pieces of cover (purple), and the locations of all the key anti-vehicle weapons on the near half of the map. I didn't highlight the internal-facing walls but as you can see, the entire right side is walled off from the center to make it safer for infantry and force falcons to fly around to the outside if they want to attack that area.

[​IMG]

#21 Nutduster, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

This looks interesting, almost like a mix of S and Oracle. I definitely want to play this. I wanna see how the vehicles are all balanced, and the map just looks like a fun, unique big team experience.

3. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I tried to get you in last night, Duck, but you were too busy forging something awesome (probably)... anyway I'm going to be revising and testing the hell out of this, so we'll get a game in eventually.