Hill House

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Joe is Outside, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Joe is Outside

Joe is Outside Ancient

HILL HOUSE

Created by: Joe is Outside
    Recommended Gametype: Upstairs
    Recommended number of players: 16
    Download link: Hill House

Map description:
    A big castle (six floors) geo-merged in the mountain of Sandbox. Protect you and your friends from the infection.

About my map:
    The idea of the map is, a big castle Geo-merged into the big mountain on Sandbox, I made this the day that I learned how to Ghost-Merge. This is my best map ever to date, there is also a little house to the right of the Hill House. All the objects are at least Interlocked or Geo-Merged. Sixteen players are recommended
    for my map but it can support players below or above my ideal player count. The standard gametypes that my map support is only Infection, but I made a game variant called "Upstairs".

Weapons
    [​IMG] x6
    [​IMG] x1
    [​IMG] x2
    [​IMG] x2
    [​IMG] x1

Screenshots
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Overview of the Hill House
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The six floors
    [​IMG]

Camo Spawn (Camo spawns after 1 minute)
    [​IMG]

The little House (There is also a Sniper and a BR)
    [​IMG]

Humans Spawns
    [​IMG]

Zombies Spawns

[​IMG]

The Heretics must be Vanished! (Boot those who go out of the map)
    [​IMG]

Downloads:
    Hill House
    Upstairs

Want to see this map featured? Think it's great, and should be featured? Go here and send a link of this thread.

#1 Joe is Outside, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. Kalriq

Kalriq Ancient

Now thats a good map.
    Far better than Cr@ckhouse. I think the geomerging is excellent, although you have probably used the new technique its still incredibly smooth, my only concern it about those who get out of the map, if that is becuase the guadian towers are blocked off I can only suggest spawning teleporters to find the one used to reach them before hand. If its simply becuase you want a smaller area of play i guess you just need a bigger wall =)
    Nice map.

3. Joe is Outside

Joe is Outside Ancient

No the guardian towers are not blocked... its just because some guys go away like the dude in the pic and they can camp here. This is the only problem with the map... and I can't fix it... its like an Honor Rule.

4. jacster9

jacster9 Ancient

WOW that's amazing! I really love the look of the map although I didn't play it yet I will DL and edit my post about gameplay. I also LOVE the aesthetics of the map it's very clean. The only problem is people getting out of the map.
    But like you said BOOT THEM!

5. xpunkshorty27x

xpunkshorty27x Ancient

wow this is way better then my attempts at making house like structures normally they turn out horrible with two floors don't know how you got six. Even the small house off to the side looks great. Also like how you made it "Upstairs on the Hill House" Good job

6. IxXROADKILLXxI

IxXROADKILLXxI Ancient

Ghost merging or not, this map is well enough to be a fav of mine. Ill dl and play it when i get party's some time, but for now ill check it out in forge. Just like sand heart manner, which was also amazing, sticks out from the rest of the maps. I only really like too pay infection in custom's(with some slayer here and there) and infection maps like this just does not come frequently enough. By your post, ill say excellent, but now i must go check it out in forge!

7. ducky buddy

ducky buddy Ancient

Dude, AMAZING JOB! At my first glance I was like wow, that's some pretty darn good ghost merging, and the geomerging was good also, best map I have seen in a long time. 10/10

8. DarkFalcon

DarkFalcon Ancient

Wow, first thought that came to mind. Excellent job, appearance looks good, overall it looks awesome. gameplay looks like it would be fun, the other buildings look great, I really like that you put in 6! floors. Anyway maybe some indoor pics would help give us a sense of the map. Good job! 10/10

9. itsmebiff

itsmebiff Ancient

Well honestly looks like a greatly forged map from the pics. Im quite anxious to play this map with my friends once i am given the opportunity. But the only thing i would say looks like it could get tiresome but well i guess all maps get tiresome. Well anyway great map 4/5

10. Aaronator

Aaronator Ancient

Couple of things to fix the running around outside the house. Put spawns everywhere on the map. Or put 10 teles in the skybubble and 10 receivers on the ground. the zombies can then pick where they want to go on the map. Nice aesthetics though. Looks great.

11. IxXROADKILLXxI

IxXROADKILLXxI Ancient

I agree with the repawn part. With respect Joe, repawns spreed out around and inside the map gives infection a much more interesting and fun\fair game play. I mean sure it might take out the part of defending the base, how ever things just get crazy fun when you give repawns out all around and inside the base. How ever the teleporter thing might be a no no, so i would not go for that. as far as the humans walking out and about, nothing much you can do about that. Honor rules for that one well have too take place in the games. But again, this map is a much well worth it map for infection than any thing else posted lately. I mean a couple games out there that me and some friends had fun with, but this is just amazing.

12. The Bloody Beetroots

I love you in a non-homosexual way. I always wanted to see this done. It has a castle feel but it is a huge house. I love the castle thing on the top. I like the all out look. It needs very little if any improvement. It has a majestic height and shape. Keep on forging.

13. IILilNinjiII

IILilNinjiII Ancient

Very nicely forged map and all. I love the height of it and the length. Also the asthetics amaze me. But i have to ask did you geo merge or do the new merging technique on most of this

14. Maxzy

Maxzy Ancient

Pretty nice map, reminds me of sandheart manor. It did seem like there was a lack of guns. With a full party the amount of guns inside the house would not be able to sustain 12 humans.

Also, you have over $100 of budget left. Mabey you could add more cover for zombies or another base similar to the one with the sniper/Br.

15. Joe is Outside

Joe is Outside Ancient

Yeah but there is an object limit...

16. Maxzy

Maxzy Ancient

You have room for 13 more items...

17. Joe is Outside

Joe is Outside Ancient

I'll see what I can do... but thanks

18. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

I see that everybody is abusing the ghost merging technique, well I guess that its ok. I think your map is pretty cool aesthetic wise, but you should really make a fence around the map, so you don't spawn way aross the floor and have to run closer. I like the idea, and hopefully it plays well. Just don't get hooked on ghost merging, it makes us lazier...

19. Insanmiac

Insanmiac Forerunner

I do like this map, but I end up booting half of my players because they don't listen and just run off. Its difficult to keep everyone playing by the rules. 4.5/5 for the design, but 3/5 for gameplay.

20. ThrstyShamWow

ThrstyShamWow Ancient

I tried your map and I liked it. It kinda reminds me of Infected Manor, but yours is much more complex and creepy, and looks more balanced and funny when using the recommanded gameplay. I'll keep it for custom matches with your gametype.

What I like :
    -Complexity and numerous camping areas.
    -General vertical design
    -Weapons and equipment on map
    -Professional sand merging
    -The little house out in the dark
    -Being able to shoot zombies on the dune

What I dislike :
    -Interlocking could have been smoothier
    -The narrow stairways
    -It's looong to get to the top!

I give you 4/5 and I think it should be considered for a feature.