HIGH CITADEL

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by no god anywhere, Jan 16, 2016.

1. D4rkDeath

D4rkDeath Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

There are still a few spots where the map chugs slightly. Not gamebreaking, yet unclean. Very nice work!

2. Zandril

Zandril Promethean

3. no god anywhere

no god anywhere Forerunner

no god anywhere updated HIGH CITADEL with a new update entry:

Weapon Changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. no god anywhere

Because i do what i want. :cool:

One overshield, single clip shotguns, 1 extra clip snipes, one needler and no rockets.

About right? Should of done this sooner.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2016 ---
    Im sure you'll be happy to know of the weapon changes too. Thanks for the feature btw. I saw you commented on a halvalla video aswell. Youre my favorite forger too. :heart: :p

5. AxSxHx

AxSxHx Forerunner

Not a big fan of Halo 3 maps in general, but I'll make an exception for this map.

It looks, feels and plays amazing. Love the details, sizing is perfect. The glass panels sometimes seem to be invisible, but the forger is not at fault for that.

10/10, would download again.

6. no god anywhere

@NEKTryhard @D4rkDeath

Im starting to think some xboxs arent performing the same as others. I'd like to say im very proficient at noticing framerates up to 60 and havent noticed a single drop on this map since the fix of the first update. Every time i play the map i ask the party if they noticed any and they say no. Rarely though someone will say yes.

It sucks that im going to have to kill the aesthetics of this map for a handful of people.

The problem here for me is how far do i go with removing lighting? I dont have any framerate issues on the map and have no way of knowing when you wouldnt.

#26 no god anywhere, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. NEKTryhard

NEKTryhard Legendary

It could be a server thing as well. Sorry man, are your objects Lightbake on?

8. D4rkDeath

D4rkDeath Legendary

It's when you can see across the map from one end to the other and you are strafing. It's a small hiccup really. I don't think it's a difference in xboxs. I showed my customs group when I found it, and they all then noticed it, if you want to add me I can show you. The map is unbelievably good and it is an unclean spot, that people may rarely run into. I am uncertain if it is from lightbake, lighting, or the numerous animated pillars, or a mix of all.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2016 ---
    In fact, I have found small spots like that on nearly every forge map including mine. It's not a negative I would put in a review even, since it is fairly common and doesn't hurt gameplay.

no god anywhere likes this.
  9. no god anywhere

@SecretSchnitzel @NEKTryhard @D4rkDeath @iParanormal @Cryppy!

I had a hookup that has access to the developer console test the map for framerate issues and the lowest they saw it drop to was 59.9. I thought thats pretty interesting so if you persist to have a drop in framerate it may be a problem with your own hardware, your vision(i know.. were getting old) or some other unknown source.

#29 no god anywhere, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

You tell em!

11. NEKTryhard

NEKTryhard Legendary

Changed my rating and review based on the fact that the framerate issues I saw are apparently on my end. Kudos on the great remake.

12. D4rkDeath

D4rkDeath Legendary

I haven't tried it in awhile, but I will go look right now. If I find the spot, I will send you a screenshot. Let me tell you that I do love your maps and have nothing but respect for the hard work you do that provides the community with such great maps.

13. D4rkDeath

D4rkDeath Legendary

Okay I figured out the problem. I went to play the map and could not. I still had the 1.1 version! I went and grabbed the newest version and those spots were flawless. Not even a trickle! This has me excited. One last piece of advice though, do not rename your map to a version. When you rename a map the previous one doesn't work. Provide the update number in the description if you must. xXBarthXx did this with Turbine and has since corrected it. My thoughts, resave the map as just High Citadel and also keep the one that says v1.2, so the people that have that one don't lose it. I will submit my review as well now.

14. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

I dunno man, those sniper corners were pretty choppy. If you fixed it though, props. I was probably overly harsh on the subject, but I've always been a framerate ****.

15. Deevius Bone

Deevius Bone Legendary

Still play this map all the time, my buddies play it when we want to warm up on something other than octagon... Easily my most played remake map, other than Battle creek. Even got into it with a scrub in mm and did a 1v1 on this map, I won 12-1 hehe :) great work, if you have any other maps in the hopper let us know!