Sandbox High and Out

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by CottonJJ, Apr 22, 2009.

1. CottonJJ

CottonJJ Ancient

High and Out
    "Get high, Stay Low, Be Patient, and Don't Panic."

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Description:
    High and Out is a Map made in the Skybubble of Sandbox, Interlocked, and merged to me similar to maps like Black Out, Ascension, and Guardian. The name of the map is based on Ascension (High) and Black Out (Out)

A few things are present in this map, Black Out's spiral staircase and rooms, Ascension's Jumps and Overshield spawns and sniper camps. And Guardians Dual Bases and Multiple Paths.

Weapon List(Subject to Change):
    13 BRs (Lucky 13)
    1 Shotgun (For Balancing Issues)
    2 Sniper Rifles (One for each base)
    2 Magnums (Near Shotgun Spawn S2)
    2 Plasma Pistols (Near Portal S1)
    2 Plasma Rifles (Near S2 Bridge Cut)
    1 Needler (Kinda Hidden S2 In the Middle of the Two Obelisks)
    4 Covenant Carbines (2 for each base)

1 Mongoose (For Fun)

1 Grav Lift (For Stunts)
    4 Plasma Grenades (For Making Grown Men Cry)

Recommended Gametypes(Also Subjest to Change):
    Multi Flag CTF
    Slayer/Team Slayer

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    The Layout of the Map from S3 (Level 3), Sniper Tower. (Sorry about that bad interlock)
    [​IMG]
    Layout from Overview. Don't Jump Off.

Tactical Jumps:
    [​IMG]
    Due to a terrible incident that I didn't feel like fixing (Maybe in v2) A 'Cheater' can easily find a way to these coveniently placed grass patches. Too bad, that they can easily be killed from the S3 tower, or a professional grenader.
    [​IMG]
    The Jump from S3 to S1 Overshield Jump.
    [​IMG]
    Jump from Wooden Bridge(S1)/Stone Bridge(S2) to Overshield Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Jump from Wooden Bridge(S!) to Block(S2)
    [​IMG]
    Jump from (S2) Plasma Grenade Spawn to (S3) Sniper Tower.
    [​IMG]
    Jump from (S2) Sniper Perch to (S2) Shotgun Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Jump from (S2) Block to (S1) Sniper Spawn.

There are other hidden jumps and things within the map but I didn't want them to be learned so easily.

Professional Driving:
    Don't know if this is relevent to the map, but if you gain enough speed in a mongoose from the sniper perch nearest the Shotgun, you can jump the gap in the middle of the map to the inside of the Sniper Camp, without falling to the Wooden Bridges.
    [​IMG]
    Put the pedal to the metal.
    [​IMG]
    I think I can.

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

2. Manoukian1414

Manoukian1414 Ancient

Nice map, it looks nice and neat, I would suggest takeing out those grass patches, because camping spaces aren't a big hit here. other than that, i like the wooden bridges and how you explained all the jumps.

3. freezingshdw

freezingshdw Ancient

hey dude one quick Q is this by any chance a modded map because i noticed many rainbow dots everywhere. So its either i've been drugged or this is a mod

4. Wailingjam

Wailingjam Ancient

Yes, I see it too, and if it is I believe you have broken a forge hub standard rule, which is no modded maps, but if it isn't then okay, looks like an okay map you have there.

5. Devil95

Devil95 Ancient

Ya Same Here. Also The Mongoose doesnt fit in so well. The Catwalks and weapon placement is amazing. will DL. I think its just blue and red lights combined.

#5 Devil95, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  6. Mr Garfunkle

Mr Garfunkle Ancient

I'm sure its just a lighting problem or something. As for the map, it looks very good. The catwalks are great, and the weapon placement is as well. The middle area could have some more cover and a bigger structure, but that can be fixed rather easily. Railings would be nice on some parts of the map that weren't given railings, it seems like falling off would be frequent. Overall 4/5

7. Kitsune Yosh

Kitsune Yosh Ancient

Sorry guys, but no. It is not modded. This map is SANDBOX, from the new map pack by bungie. It has lots of new items and new forge grounds.

Anyway, I don't really see any flaws in the map. I for one, am a fan of tactical jumping because of the places you never thought possible to reach before. And you can travel faster with them. I don't think you can camp anywhere too because you can just knock 'em out with grenades. I didn't see many weapons though and I don't see a good use for the mongoose. But mainly, there's just not that one thing that makes you say, "WOW."

Also.
    I'm surprised you haven't gotten screamed at for not interlocking though. It's practically a law around here.

Overall I rate you a 4/5 for now. MAYBE make a V2, it's up to you at this point. Keep forging.

8. Mr Garfunkle

Mr Garfunkle Ancient

He did interlock and rainbow lights are NOT a forgeable object....
    I'm sure he didn't mod but we know what sandbox is.

9. halo warrior95

halo warrior95 Ancient

hey nice map seems a little small but i havnt played so i dont know the gameplay. in picture 5 what are all the lights in the background colored and not?

10. CottonJJ

CottonJJ Ancient

I have no idea about those lights. It's not modded, cause that's the way I downloaded it from the Marketplace. They are in pretty much all my screenshots. It's either a problem with the disc or the xbox. If you download the map, the lights won't be there at all.

About the Baby Bumpers:
    Can you explain where exactly I should put them.

About the Grass:
    I should replace with Single Walls then?

About the Mongoose:
    You can turn vehicles off, in the play rules.

Side Note: Multi Flag is currently messed up, just tested it a while again and the spawns are broken, but slayer works just fine.

11. CottonJJ

CottonJJ Ancient

Is there anything else?