Introduction Hey Everyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VitricTyro, Oct 9, 2010.

1. VitricTyro

VitricTyro Forerunner

Hi, I'm VitricTyro.

I've been a Halo fan since Halo 2 came out, but Halo 3 really changed my perspective of the game. I've always been a fan of being able to create your own content, so when I heard about Halo 3's Forge, I was naturally excited. However, I was a little bit disappointed when I got my hands on it. I thought it was a mediocre editor, and stopped using it. A few months later though, me thoughts changed completely. I played some great maps, and I began to realize the true power of Forge. It wasn't that it was a bad editor, it was that, plain and simple, I wasn't skilled enough to properly utilize it. I remember countless nights of crazy Infection games with friends, intense racing action, and just being in awe of some of the maps that I had seen. When compared to something I had tried to make, it was like comparing Return of the Jedi to Revenge of the Sith.

When Reach came out, I was ecstatic. Partially because I was excited for Matchmaking, Firefight, etc, but probably 70% of that excitement came from what I knew was to come. Even though it hasn't even been out for a full month yet, I'm already seeing maps that exceed the level of mastery that I had witnessed in Halo 3. With the improvements in the Forge editor, the introduction of armor abilities, and the new gametype additions, Halo Reach has effectively created an improved trifecta of the map, game, and gameplay. Essentially, Halo Reach is the game I've been waiting for in terms of custom content.

As I join this forum, I don't really have enough skill to submit any good maps. However, I plan on being here to appreciate the quality work that other people have put into their maps.

(Also, I don't have a PS3, but LBP and LBP2 look seriously awesome for user created content.)

2. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

Nice intro mate!

Yeah the level of user content has skyrocketed, which means new premiums and stuff will be coming soon as reach is here with us longer and longer now. Im not surprised by New Years or so, we see some major amazing stuff from all the users here. However that should stop you from still posting some maps of our own. You wont get better unless we try and get feedback from one another!

Oh and LBP is a great game. Main reason why I bought my PS3 and also just to play with my two old friends and with my girlfriend on MW2 :p.

3. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

Welcome to forgehub. Yes Reach is amazing, yes forgehub is to. Our map section is actually not the greatest right now in my opinion, but I'm thinking once the tester's guild and review hub hop back into swing, we'll see a higher volume of amazing maps.