Hexic

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by iversonrocks03, Mar 22, 2008.

1. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

HEXIC

OVERVIEW:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basic description:

The game type that is played on this level is multi flag. Two perfectly symmetrical bases, each containing a slow spawning mauler, flam grenade, plasma rifle/smg, 8 brs, and a deployable cover.

you will notice that there is a back tunnel going from one base to the other along the back wall. in the middle of that, there is a sheild door seperating the two sides and a regenerator beside that.

When you get to the other side, you will notice a grav lift that you can take and will pop you out right into the other teams base and right beside the flag.

Here is an example of the grav lift in use.

[​IMG]

as you can see, it indeed does pop you out right in place.

in the central base located in the middle of the level, there is an oversheild and bubble sheild. Going there however, can be risky at times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the middle of the level, there is a small hexagon shape that has rockets located in them. You must crouch to get in which makes it hard to get to at times. On top of the shape, there are fence walls that players can bank grenades off of to kill someone who might be trying to camp there.

and the last part i am going to share with all of you, is what makes this map intresting and completes the map. The launch pad.

you go into here and......
    [​IMG]

come out of here!
    [​IMG]

This part of the map is the quickest way to get from one side to the other, and escape trouble sometimes. you land right on top of the sniper spawn which is on top of the central base.

a quick story about this map is one time i grabbed the trip mine right before i went into the launch pad and as i went in, i accedently pressed x. the trip mine flys apart from my body in mid air and slams into the wall of the central base, in which a sniper was posted up. the trip mine sets off some fusion coils and kills the sniper.

TELEPORTERS:
    lead to a section overlooking the middle and your own base.

sender node:
    [​IMG]

reciever node:
    [​IMG]

TUNNEL: (same on both sides)
    Entrance:
    [​IMG]
    corner:
    [​IMG]
    middle:
    [​IMG]
    grav lift to get out of the tunnel and onto their flag:
    [​IMG]
    Person useing the grav lift:
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=18695658

EVERYONE....
    [​IMG]
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, DOWNLOAD AND/OR COMMENT ON ANY CRITISISM.

2. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

this map looks very nice is the only way to the sniper going up the launch pad? because if it is the sniper would be too powerful sinceyou could take out anyone who tries to get you because they all come from the exact same spot

3. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

no no no no no no no, if you look in the third picture, you can walk up the stairs, and the walk up the upside down stairs up to the sniper.

The sniper is very rarely that effective in multiflag games, espeacially if you sit with it in the middle.

also, the launch pad launches you too fast that hardly anyone would be able to snipe them out of mid air.

4. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

sorry i didn't notice that my eyesight is really bad so since thats ok this looks like an above average map good job

5. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

Lol I feel you on that. It is getting kind of late so I understand

Also I didnt really go into detail about the back tunnel or some of the other parts of the map if anyone needs to see more pictures

6. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

it would be nice and where did you get that custom sig pic?

7. BanditK

BanditK Ancient

awww you got me excited i thought u ment hexic the puzzle game. if any of u have played it. but now that i think of it that would be in mini games if someone made some thing like that which would probly be unrealistic

8. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i dont think it would actually be possible to remake the arcade hexic

9. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

Ya I actually named hexic because of the middle structure is shaped like the pieces from hexic

And to whoever asked, I made my sig in forge and took a screen and then typed the letters in microsoft paint

EDIT:
    new pics of tunnel and teleporters are up.

thanks for the comments, but does anyone that has played it, have suggestions?

10. Marcus Rethan

Marcus Rethan Ancient

Good job. The stairwell of this map looks almost exactly the same as the map I made yesterday. :p Neat concept but a bit simple for me.

11. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

the concept is simple but I suggest you play a multi flag game to 5 before you say the map itself is simple

I used fusion coils in the middle to spice up the game if the flag carrior is going through the middle

Also I say this again, the launch pad adds a new dimension to the game and makes for some intrestinc battles

12. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

placing fusion coils rarely ever makes a difference to which route i take as the flag carrier so i think it was a waste but some other people might think it is inspired i just personally don't care

13. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

well the fuision coils become a factor when you drop the flag near there and when you go to get it back, ur body gets torn apart by a sudden massive explosion

14. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

unless some noob has already blown them up for no good reason (no offense intended)

15. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

Did you draw inspiration from Isolation for the overshield area.

16. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i can see why someone would think that

17. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

lol no i didn't

i dont think i would use anything from that level, other than being able to chuck the flare from one side of the map to the other, thats always fun.

but no i just set it up like that cause i thought it looked intresting and cool.

18. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

Looks great, especially launch pad, buy wouldn't everyone assult each others bases with teleporters and ruin gameplay?

19. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

No the tell porters lead you to that section overlooking your own base, not the other base

The teleporters is a way of getting brs because those three vertical bridges on the double boxes is where it leads you

Try it out if u want cause I didnt do a very good job explaining it

I used them in case you were in trouble, u might be able to hop through it and find safety

20. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

Yeh, but surely the enemy could hop through it after you and grab theflag?