Sandbox Hex Hop

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Silva Sniper, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

Hex Hop
    [​IMG]

◘ Intro
    Why hello there.I am back into making mini games and I will be making them for a long time now.My desire was to make a map based on gameplay before the map designs and such but I came through with both a great looking map and a really fun game overall.i based this m ap on Mario Party's own game.The name was Hexagon Heat and you tried to hop on different coloured hexagons and dodge obstacles.Well that is mainly the case and goal here.Now lets see some Facts...

◘ Facts
    here are some facts you might want to know here:
    There are timed map events such as Juicy effect after 30 seconds.
    The game is up to about 400 points and two rounds.
    When in the hill you are given the shiny purple colour on your armour!
    Your weapons are shotgun and needler.use them wisely...

◘ Pictures
    [​IMG]
    Overview
    [​IMG]
    After 30 Sec.
    [​IMG]
    After 60 sec.
    [​IMG]
    Central Structure​

Action Stuffz:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

V2 Coming Soon!

#1 Silva Sniper, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. Mr Garfunkle

Mr Garfunkle Ancient

This looks very fun. There is really nothing wrong or to criticize about the actual map itself. Perhaps add some outside aesthetic touches? I'm sure you have items and money left. The gametype looks like a blast, I would only be worried about the needler being too powerful. Well done, can't give you a real rating because I haven't tested it out yet. Que'd.

3. T3RA PROWL3R

T3RA PROWL3R Ancient

Cool map. Is this used on the lowest part of the skybubble? cuz if it is, if you want it to be even MORE aesthetic, then I would suggest making the interlocking a little better, but I'm not saying ANYTHING bad about the map. Scratch what I said in the first map, this map is so simple it is amazing. Probably my favorite (for some reason) map on Sandbox that has been posted on Forgehub. I personally give it a 5/5.

4. D R A N C Y

D R A N C Y Ancient

very good idea, i dont think id be able to come up with something like this. gameplay looks great, ill download and try it out when i get my xbox back

5. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

Wow great idea.
    not exactly original since its from another game but nice.
    looks fun. how many people should play on it?

maybe more to come for mini-games based on mario party?

6. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

Thanks man and yes i am planning on making much much more games based off of mario party games.That is like over 1000 games I believe!

7. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

You really did a good job on recreating the Mario Party look because I recognized the layout before I read the description. Nice work

You should call the gametype Hexag and the map Heat, so that when you play them together it reads Hexag On Heat lol

I can't wait for it to DL and test it out

8. l ABlindGuy l

l ABlindGuy l Ancient

Pros:

Original idea, and nice merging with the hexagonal objects. That is pretty much all I can say, other than the flags being nicely merged as well.

Cons:

My only problem is that the map is way too small, but that is also sort of good. And the points being up to 400? That is kinda crazy IMO.

9. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

Just a quick heads up I am tweaking this map to make a v2 because of recent found out flaws...I just fixed the spawns but more needs to be done.If you have already downloaded please be calm and I will tell everybody when problems are fixed I hope that I can tweak it enough for your liking keep up the comments.

10. Sgt Gemini

Sgt Gemini Ancient

this is like a copy of my map except you can move to diffrent island

11. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

I didnt steal your map you should read the other posts I based this map off of Mario Party's game called Hexagon Heat and that involves hexagons and falling into lava.And please stay more on topic thank you.

12. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

i remember this mini game from mario party! it was awesome...too bad there isnt a way for the hill to go up like it did in mario party...but for Halo this looks great. very cool man. keep it up!

13. RebelCow

RebelCow Ancient

looks really fun. good job, nice concept. 5/5

14. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

Appreciate it but can you please get to your point here.Constructive critisism.Suggestions?Problems?Ups?something like that would be nice after you play the map.