Heritage

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by ReinaStorm, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ReinaStorm

ReinaStorm Nostalgia never dies

ReinaStorm submitted a new map:

Heritage - Areas of Delta Halo still hold Covenant armaments quickly abandoned.

Read more about this map...

2. ArturBloodshot

ArturBloodshot The Architect
    Forge Critic Senior Member

It seems making Forge maps based on old Halo concept art is becoming popular haha :)

OT: Nice pick for a Delta Halo theme! But... Idk... I just don't feel very convinced.
    I have followed your work Reina and you have great potential, you had created amazing and beautiful remakes/inspired maps, but I think you fell short on this one.
    I know that "remaking" that concept will be difficult, maybe impossible (that vegetation tho) but of what you tried to rescue of that image it's barely alive in the final product. The geometry of the structures is too primitive and too plain, it just looks out of context while being surrounded by organic/natural elements and, at some areas, with actual aged pieces. Big open areas are the antithesis of a balanced Extermination map, I suggest to examine that. I know the budget will be a problem, but I think the concept of the map requieres less use of skybox and outside scenery and more detail inside the actual map: maybe use the natural pieces to merge within the layout and tweak the geometry and aesthetics with that natural entropy feeling.
    Personally, I love Delta Halo, H2 architecture is very emotional for me and I would love to see a more touching resemblance of that ambience.

ReinaStorm likes this.
  3. Ryouji Gunblade

Ryouji Gunblade Legendary

The jungle theme is pretty impressive. Because of how bright the ruins are, I wonder if you could (with invis lights) make the sunlight "bounce" off the floor and light up more of the jungle.

Edit: I'd like to add that those invisibly blocked ledges are really tempting. I don't know how to design around that unfortunately. And I still hate the forced lens flares on certain lights with a passion.

#3 Ryouji Gunblade, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    ReinaStorm likes this.