Helpful screenshot FAQ

Discussion in 'Screenshot Guides' started by Aclopolipse, May 4, 2008.

1. Aclopolipse

Aclopolipse Ancient
    Banned

This FAQ is, of course, to teach any newcomers to Halo or Forgehub about screenshots.

Q: First of all, what are Screenshots?
    A: A screenshot is a term used not only in Halo, but in almost any game you find. It is a picture taken during game, inside the game.

Q: How do I take these "screenshots"?
    A: There are multiple ways to do that. One is to use a capture card to take a picture of the game via a camera. The other common method is to use Halo 3's Theater mode to take a screenshots.

Q: I got my shot, now what?
    A: This is perhaps the longest and most difficult part of the process. First, you must add them to your fuleshare and/or post them to Bnet via XBOX LIVE. Next, go on a computer and retrieve the image from Bnet. After that, post it to a sort of image hosting site, such as imageshack. Following forgehub's pic embedment rules, post it here, along with whatever you want to post it with.

Q: Hey! I just saw a cool screenie with Radical effects. How'd he do that?
    A: You can achieve amazing effects with a variety of things. Most obvious is the Legendary Forge filters. Similar results can also be found by positioning the camera near cartian weapons or equipment.

Q: My pics don't work on FH!
    A: At this point, I do not know the cause for this problem. A forgehub moderator may, though.

Q: Should I take map screenies in forge?
    A: NO. N-O. This is because of spawn points, spawn cylinders, and forge's forced colors in the way. Play the map in custom games, then go to Theater.

I will periodically update this post when needed. If you have any more questions, concerns, or noticed an error in this post, please message me.

Also, feel free to reply to this thread.

#1 Aclopolipse, May 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
    Playerhata27 likes this.
  2. Darkleathal12

Darkleathal12 Ancient

A good guide, gives the gist of things, but most people know all of this.
    Ok job...

3. Piemarz

Piemarz Ancient

4. Phantom Bowser

Phantom Bowser Ancient

This was a great post. i knew how do do it all but the tip about not taking forge screen shots was a good tip thnx

5. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Those are probally the most helfpul things to do with a screenshot ,rep+ for you mai good sir.

6. Guitarmasta2

Guitarmasta2 Ancient

this guide really answered some of my questions

good work

7. AoS Le G eN D x

AoS Le G eN D x Ancient

I take screenshots in forge, i only do it on a canvas map and i use a forced color.