Help with Setting up Gametypes

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Mr MF Makara, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mr MF Makara

Mr MF Makara Promethean

Hey, I haven't done much in the way of map making in Halo 4, but one thing that keeps troubling me is how difficult setting up for any sort of Gametype is. I tried to set up a space in the Erosion Grifball Court for Oddball and there were no ball spawns in the menu at all, when I placed terminals for Dominion and tried to start a custom it instantly said that I tied even with a dummy player on the other team, and setting up any gametype is generally confusing?

Mostly I'm just trying to figure out how to set up pretty much everything for Dominion, anything for Oddball and any other general gametype tips because it is driving me NUTS.

Thanks in advance.

2. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul
    Forge Critic Senior Member

For Oddball, all you need are captures plates set to Oddball_Ball and spawn sequences set in respect to the order in which the balls spawn during gameplay. You may also want to set each capture plate to game specific to prevent it from spawning during alternative gametypes. Dominion is a little more complicated, so here is a video explaining that in detail. As for other gametypes, you can find videos expaining them under the same uploader of the video below.

Halo 4 Forge Tutorial - Dominion Setup - YouTube

#2 Auburn, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. Mr MF Makara

Mr MF Makara Promethean

You are now my favourite person thank you so much!!!