Help with bridges?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by kitson12, Apr 2, 2008.

1. kitson12

kitson12 Ancient

Hey guys, I've recently created a map and I was wondering if someone could help me with merging bridges with a double box on Foundry. I want you to be able to walk over the bridge without hopping.

2. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

Just put the double box on Spawn At Start: No. Then put the bridge a smidge down from the original position, and save changes and quit. Then start the game and wait the time to spawn on the double box and set it to spawn at start: yes. Then, voila! You have interlocked. Mine might be difficult to understand, but Forging 101 is probably easier for new people to forge.

3. kitson12

kitson12 Ancient

Thanks, I've merged lots of stuff before, but bridges seem to be giving me a hard time.

4. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

Well it's just the same, probably because it is in the air. Hope I helped.

5. Old PatchworkZombie

Don't really understand your view of interlocking. Do you think you have to save and quit every single time?? just ignore this if I'm confused...

6. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

If your finding it hard to guide the bridge to the rightplace do this.
    note where the ends of the bridge are on the double boxes or whatever its connecting.
    MOVE THE BRIDGE OUT OF THE WAY AND PLACE WEAPON HOLDERS WHERE THE CORNERS OF THE BRIDGE WERE.
    set the boxes not to respawn and go back into the map.
    bring the bridge under the weapon holders and align the corners with where they should be.
    Save and quite the bridge to make it float.
    Set the box to respawn.
    Your bridge will be almost perfectly interlocked depending on how well you placed your markers(weapon holders)
    Altho you dont need to jump to get onto a bridge when its the right way up,so why do you need to do this?