Help with an effect

Discussion in 'Screenshot Discussion' started by KoolAidBeans, May 29, 2010.

1. KoolAidBeans

KoolAidBeans Forerunner

So, I was messing around in snowbound in the area beneath the Ghost spawn, and was throwing flares and using the grav hammer.I'm not entirely sure how I got this effect, because I took a picture of the grav hammer sparks and it didn't have anything in the background. But when the picture was loading my mind was blown. I couldn't find this same effect again after trying many different angles and positions. Does anyone know how to do this effect? (I'm talking about the white grid).
    What I know is Flare+Gravity Hammer+Snowbound black area under map= this.
    [​IMG]

2. mooseIV

mooseIV Ancient

This belongs in the screenshot guide section, but I'm pretty sure this happened because you looked through the weird distortion circle that the grav hammer gives off every time it is used.

3. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This one's entirely new to me, but there's always something new with screenshots :p

Right now, the only idea that I can conceive with the details you provided is that you were looking at any one of the digital patterns that line the walls and floors of both underground snow tunnels. Gravhammer's explosion pixelated it a bit, and the flare created the lighting and gradients that edge the deep blue lines. Looks really nice, but because you can't even figure out how you did it, it'll be tough to recreate and frame anything with it.

4. KoolAidBeans

KoolAidBeans Forerunner

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to look into this some more, and if I come up with any results I'll be sure to post again in this thread.

And sorry about this being in the wrong forum, I should have read more about the rules but was excited about this effect :X

#4 KoolAidBeans, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  5. mooseIV

mooseIV Ancient

Considering this is your 1st post, I'm just impressed that you imbedded it properly.

6. KoolAidBeans

KoolAidBeans Forerunner

Thanks for the compliment moose, but I'm pretty used to posting and forums and such, and even then I always am a perfectionist :/

Also, I noticed that a flare exploded near the same time the hammer was swung, so that also seems to have added an effect. I remember taking the picture near the areas I was getting pictures like this.
    [​IMG]

Hmm, it seems as of last night I can't upload files to my fileshare and can't upload the pictures to photobucket because they are an invalid type. (Even though they end with .jpg)
    I was going to post the video I took the picture in but to no avail. Once it starts working again I will post up a link to download the video and if you are interested you can go look for the effect yourself.

#6 KoolAidBeans, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010