Help making a map

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by rexdino5, Nov 21, 2008.

1. rexdino5

rexdino5 Ancient

Hello, I need idea's on how to make a floating platform with bridges that are evenly spread and have the bridges floating above nowhere in blackout. It's very hard when you can only Save and End the game and even up the bridges together. So I wondering if anybody had any techniques to make a perfectly even floor above nothingness.

2. bobsagetismyhro

bobsagetismyhro Ancient

1. spawn a bridge in the air
    2. place another directly above it, but a little past it
    3. make the bridge under not spawn at start
    4. start new round and spawn bridge under the other bridge in the air
    5. rinse and repeat if you want to continue your walkway.

If you have any questions, you can always send me an invite on live. GT: bobsagetismhro

3. rexdino5

rexdino5 Ancient

Well... I don't want to make a pathway but a big platform... Do i just make your step bigger?

4. Plyc

Plyc Ancient

Well, you will have to rely on your eyesight to do that. I tried the same thing with 4 bridges as part of a map a few weeks ago and spent around an hour on it.

You could also float rows of boxes instead since they are more visible, then after you have a platform of boxes, you place birdges on them to make the platform.

5. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Such complex suggestions for something so simple.

Try this. Spawn a bridge or a box. save quit it in place then go back in and place another bridge crosswise on the first bridge keeping the middle of your new bridge above the first one. The place another and another. When you get to the edge of your first bridge, grab it and move it forward until a bit less than half of it sticks out and save quit again. Rinse repeat until your platform is as big as you want it to be.