Helms Deep

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Douthy 3000, Jun 13, 2008.

1. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

The good
    ok... The map, its good, i love the idea of lord of the rings, my fabourite film and i can see many resemblances. I like the use of timed events to progress the game further, this map would'nt be the same without them. The destructible gate is a brilliant (not original) idea that you have done very well, and have used it to cover the entire width of avalanche. This is the best non-aesthetic avalanche map i have seen for a long time, good job! On picture number 2 you seem to have let your skills drop a bit, that wall could be neater, but smashing through is a nice idea

The Bad
    in some places, things could be neater, for example on the right hand side of the wall when facing it, them walls could be interlocked to make them look nicer. Also, the ramp behind them walls could be raised a little higher so it makes for smooth walking, however, i think geo-merging may need to be used there, so it is not a must.

The Ugly
    Apart from the misplaced walls and stuff, this map is very well made and not the least bit ugly.

As Chicken Dippah said, listen to the long reviews, they normally have more key points about your map =D

2. Douthy 3000

Douthy 3000 Ancient

thanks for the feedback, it was quite difficult to find a gate system that worked so i didnt spend much time on aesthetics. I know the ramps are a bit uneven. Ill try and improve some of the stuff you said in the updated version.

3. ZOMG

ZOMG Ancient

its ok, a bit sloppy

4. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

ok now your pics are up and i'll give this map a 5/5 good job you have my DL

5. Sk84lyfe13

Sk84lyfe13 Ancient

sounds very fun you got my dl

6. Felshot

Felshot Ancient

YOU STOLE MY IDEA! lol not really but great job

7. Shade117 pro

Shade117 pro Ancient

cool map but i wish i had the legendary map pack

8. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

I did a quick forgethrough on this map and from what it looks like, is that it would be AWESOME to play. I'm looking forward to playing it.

9. d3adly ninja

d3adly ninja Ancient

looks okay, not as good as the other helms deeps ive seen though. first ive seen on avalanche though. Saw SOME interlocking but you probably wanted to use it more, would of made the map look nicer.

10. Richie727

Richie727 Ancient

Nice job, once I clear up some space I will dl this.

11. Paliut1992

Paliut1992 Ancient

goodmap and nice name for it too lol

12. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

I think I have seen this concept before, but definitely not on Avalanche or this well-done. You could have geo-merged the boxes into the ground so that the wall was even, but I think fitting the contour of the geography looks good too. Good work on getting to all the stages of the invasion. The forging may not be perfect, but the gameplay looks really fun and the concept was fulfilled well. LOTR 4 LyPh3

13. LieutenantAshler

... WOW! Not the most aesthetically pleasing Helm's Deep I've seen , but it's by far the best in terms of faithfullness to the films and books.

14. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

best helms deep ive seen on avalanch, great job

15. thrame1807

thrame1807 Ancient

many helms deeps but none are...

That f***ing good that is awesome I will download in fact I already have ta-dahh

16. dude...

dude... Ancient

definite download. sniping spot good needs mongooses, umm mongeese... what is it!