Hello, I need some help pulling off a new map (any ideas would help.)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by papa roach, Feb 1, 2010.

1. papa roach

papa roach Ancient

I just had the brilliant idea for a new map. It is three kingdoms in the sky bubble. The people would elect a leader, and the kingdoms would slowly grow.
    The cool twist is that people could branch out into military, science, culture, or economic.
    Military would give earlier weapons.
    Science would give better guns.
    Culture would give equipment.
    Economic would give more ammo.

People would have three lives.

Now, the problems I have are that I have no idea on how to pull this off. I think I can find a way to pick which way the kingdoms will tech into. I would build four small rooms and only one could be opened. I would use the old grav lift/movable object trick. I know the basic kingdom structure. How should I make it so that people don't just randomly snipe each other? You can only get the sniper if you tech into science, so wouldn't you just get it and snipe everyone? I know the basic layout, but it would help if anyone had any ideas. Any way to help with obvious problems? Also, should I give each kingdom a different style? I was thinking of making the Romans, Gauls, and Greeks. I would give the Gauls better defense, and the Romans a flanking route. The Greeks would have a spiker off the bat. Once again, any help would be very nice.

Any help please?

2. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

Add quite a bit of cover. Can't snipe someone if they're standing behind a wall. If you want to block projectiles but (almost) nothing else, Shield Doors work well. If all else fails, try limiting the sniper's spare clips or respawn rate.

Giving each kingdom a different style would certainly make things interesting. You'd have to test the balance rather carefully, however. If you're really feeling (aesthetically) hardcore, you could Wikipedia the three groups, research their architecture, and try to replicate it.

3. Shenanigans.nom

Shenanigans.nom Ancient

Keys, you could make doors and have keys as currency, which you receive every once in a while, (stickie, power drain, what ever really.) But you would need quite a bit of mechanics to pull this off. You could obviously not put in a sniper. Make it all close quarters combat...like risk if you have every played that....which works quite well. you should also put stages, so have like 2 stages of each techs. I would not do differnt kingdoms because one would be overpowered or one would suck and people would ***** if they got it. Try having everyone start with swords, then the first room of weapons would supply grav hammer, and say shotgun. Then second have some longer ranged weapons like AR, spiker, (nothing too long ranged, no br carbine or sniper) Then get ride of techs because you cant pull of just ammo, you would pick up the weapons. Then obviously the equipment could have better equipment, but the last equipment room could have like invis, or some GOD POWER, that would be cool.

The map itself should be a fair amount of cover so you dont know what techs people build in, and to organize. You should have 1 path meeting in the center completely open or with a little cover. Then you should have 1 path leading to each base with cover, so it would be a sneaky path. But you may end up with a problem that no one would leave there base unless you made it territories or have some sort of reward in the center...like extra money. You could also make it assault if you want to, but that could cause problems

4. GR4V3mind117

GR4V3mind117 Ancient

Yeah... Yeah like Greeks have God Power, (Spartan laser than can only be used every three minutes) Romans have the Da Vinci... Stuff? (Catapults, Artillery, Power weps. etc.) and Guals Atlanteans have Illusion (Camo, Flanking routes, teles, etc.)

And if you use Atlanteans make sure their kingdom is tiered like in the stories.

5. papa roach

papa roach Ancient

Hey thanks guys. That helped me brainstorm a lot. And Shenanigans, that was pretty much my previous idea. I have a good idea on everything now. Thanks a lot guys.

6. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

...This sounds like a long drawn out version asset, without the VIP. ... You'll really have to pull something epic off for this to have a "new" feeling to it.