Introduction Hello all, Fearsome Engine here and I'm new.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fearsome Engine, May 4, 2009.

1. Fearsome Engine

Fearsome Engine Ancient

Hi folks. I'm Fearsome Engine. My name comes from the title of one of my favorite Sci-Fi books by the Scottish author Ian M. Banks. Coincidentally I used to play Halo CE Lan matches as "Deus Ex Machina" so I guess there is a theme there. I first used it in my teens and it has become my go to name for online activity. It is also my GT; Folks on live call me "Engine" or "Fearsome" so feel free to join them in truncating my name.

I've been an irregular visitor to these forums for a long time. This usually involved plundering the threads for new maps once a month: but since the release of Mythic this has turned into a more regular occurance. Likewise I have been an irregular Forger for ages but recently Sandbox has focused my efforts.

My main interest in forging comes from a disire to see more user generated content in matchmaking. This could be anything from new weapon layouts to full blown fresh maps. I have been a member of Atlas (never posted, just lurked) since the days when there were far less members, far far less members.

I finally decided to join up here because I see this forum as one of the keystones of my Halo experience and I thought it was about time to show my face.

In RL I am a student from Scotland, UK. I have always enjoyed video games of every kind but Halo is one of my favorites; a love borne from 16 player LAN parties when I was still at school and continued over live with many of the same people who now live in different cities. Yes, technology is wonderful. I am also big on sports (watching and playing), any TV that is interesting and informative, cooking, Physics and dancing. I also have a deep seated but mostly hidden love for pen and paper RPGs.

Well that's me: A rather full and honest introduction. Well done if you read all of it. I'm looking forward to enjoying everyone's maps and now that I'm here I'll be sure to make my voice heard every now and then.

2. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Hey there Fearsome Engine and welcome to Forge Hub! Great to have you around and we hope you enjoy your stay here at the forums. I agree by the way and think it would be awesome to see more user generated content. Check out this useful thread for all the information you need!

Best of luck, ejoy your time here at Forge Hub, and happy forging!