Heka v4.1

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Hulter, Jul 3, 2011.

1. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

This map has lots of neat little flourishes, jumps, etc. I also enjoyed the weapon spawns. I'd tend to agree with what was said about the lift though; sometimes I kind of stalled at the top of the lift meaning I didn't make it onto one of the 1x1 thins right away. Maybe you could add a small piece at the top/on the ceiling that nudges you to the left a bit? And you may also want to add a lip to that ledge so that you can just walk off of it. I felt it was a little awkward to have to jump after taking the lift; it seems to defeat the purpose of a lift if it can actually slow down movement a bit and still require a jump. The other thing I'd warn about is the teleporter. The sender and receiver seem so close together I'd imagine that continuous loops through them are a little too common. These are not really serious gripes though, I really enjoyed the map and hope to see some larger (4v4) projects from you in the future as well.

2. Hulter

Hulter ^Raindear
    Forge Critic Senior Member

concerning the lift: I know it's a bit awkward how it goes straight into a wall, and that you have to jump, but I think it's good for the gameplay. It promotes map knowledge, knowing the timing and coordination to make it as quickly as possible. I kind of want it to be hard to do quickly. It's not a main route, and you can get a huge reward, surprising your opponent or getting way if he's s shooting at you, for the risk of messing up in the lift and be slowed down. I don't want people to use it alll the time, but rather just in a few certain occations.

And yeah, the teleporter. I know that does occasionally happen, but I don't really think it's a big deal. You don't really gain anything out of doing it. You get pretty predictable and it's easy to pick you off. The teleporter is really there to replace a lift that was there before. It sucked how you would be heard from all over the map, and that the low area with already limited movement options had even less discrete ways out.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and yeah, I'll be trying to finnish credence and a few other designs over the christmas holiday, if I get any spare time.

3. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

This map is a good MLG-type map. It's very well-constructed, the gameplay looks nice, and kind of reminds me of CE. I do think, however, it's a little bit bland (too grey in some places...) Some more features to add to that would definitely help this map.

4. MLG 3 V 3 OnlY

MLG 3 V 3 OnlY Forerunner

It looks good

I think that It is a very original map.

5. EpicChief117

EpicChief117 Forerunner

Great map! The aesthetic quality is amazing and the map works very well for 1v1 from the looks of the video. There is a few bad spawns in there though. I noticed that the guy you were playing with in the video at one point, spawned right next to you.

6. Hulter

Hulter ^Raindear

Yup. That's just reach being reach though.

7. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

Dude, you have some objects that induce screenlag.

8. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Did you watch the video? EDIT: I tried to get a game going with a DMR setting, but my friend and I just kept spawning next to each other..

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

yeah yeah, I'm bumping.. I had this map for a while when I got a game on it it was fun, he who holds the sniper rapes. Seriously though, I like this map a lot, I think the teleporters could of worked out better, although it was somewhat fun/ frustrating at the same time to keep playing cat and mouse. The lava pit irritates me so much, I ran into it more than I should of have running from fire. There was at least 5 falls in there, in the end I really do like this map.

#28 Shik, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012