Sandbox Hectic Highway

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by TheGreatBrownie, Mar 22, 2009.

1. chung_wii

chung_wii Ancient

well, the one I played on had a sniper instead of a hornet... so, idk?

2. Minime637

Minime637 Ancient

this is a very cool and simple and original map. i really like it. it is very simply crafted, which is fine, and it reminds me of the duck hunt map, very simple and very fun. i am going to download this and get back but it looks like a ton of fun.\\4.5/5

3. TheGreatBrownie

TheGreatBrownie Ancient

The original version had a Hornet. A later version suggested a different concept, the sniper kill (I'm thinking you played that version). The final version switched back to the original idea, tackling Hornet action.

4. KilerG

KilerG Ancient

Looks like a funny idea, but the zombies may be a little overpowered. It's hard to dodge things if you both go at the same speed, and there are no brakes. I can't judge how far away they are, but they should be pretty far away from eachother, so that the zombies have to try harder to shoot them.
    I'll dl, but I don't know how well it will work.

5. GoldenBandit94

GoldenBandit94 Ancient

pretty good map overall but you could have set the kill balls to spawn a little later but other than that it was perfect.

great map kill balls spawning was a great idea

#45 GoldenBandit94, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  6. Shadow Lurker

Shadow Lurker Ancient

I will download and expect it to be fun. Forging skill are good and 4-stars for originality. I'm Glad a simple map can get attention too

7. waffle1313

waffle1313 Ancient

This looks cool I'll download and try it out.

8. IcexBullet

IcexBullet Ancient

The map was a lot of fun when I playtested it with my friends and I love your idea. They commented that it was really fun and they enjoyed playing it (they don't like every mini game I download, hehe). I also had fun playing it and it's one of the best sandbox mini games I've seen so far.
    There were a couple small issues/suggestions I thought of:

1. The human spawn could be reworked so that the humans didn't need to effectively merge lanes at the beginning. It is/was hilarious when someone is pushed off by a team mate but it could potentially become annoying. You could either make the merge take a little longer or make the starting platform wider.

2. Also, with one clip of fuel rod the zombies could just shoot more and more forward with each shot and gaurantee a hit if they know what they're doing. You might want to consider changing the weapons (no the best idea) or maybe increasing the chance of human survival after one hit. It gets fairer with the more people playing.

3. The chokepoints were a bit ineffective but cool because all they did was make the humans concentrate on driving. Maybe some more varied landscape would be nice.

4. If a multilayered track were in any way possible this would become an even awesomer mini game(perhaps a spiral? ;).

#48 IcexBullet, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. TheGreatBrownie

TheGreatBrownie Ancient

I like the suggestions, and as far as V2 goes, these can be worked in. With the choke-points, I am considering take them out and add "man-cannons" under the track where it is possible to be pushed off. Or simply just add 3-5 more choke-points. Thanks for the comment!

10. philly100000

philly100000 Ancient

kill balls o.o eww they give me a headache

11. TheGreatBrownie

TheGreatBrownie Ancient

Could you elaborate? I don't know what you mean. Do you mean it seriously, sarcastically... ?

12. SPARTAN 121

SPARTAN 121 Ancient

I've had tons of fun on this simple, yet entertaining map/game idea. I have to admit though, playing it gave me a million ideas of creating my own version. If I do, you can guarantee that I will give you credit for creating the original.

#52 SPARTAN 121, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  13. Orbiter6467

Orbiter6467 Ancient

This game, I can tell already, is going to be addictive for me. Love the idea. Download, 9/10. :D

14. xSOULxRIPPERx

xSOULxRIPPERx Ancient

Great!

Simple, yet SO fun!

15. fred the bug

fred the bug Ancient

Downloaded a few days ago, I love this map. It's so simple but really addictive. 9.5/10

16. SPARTAN 121

SPARTAN 121 Ancient

Seriously, it's so simple, you wonder why nobody thought of it before! This game is such a blast with your friends.

17. IcexBullet

IcexBullet Ancient

I don't really understand how you're going to orientate the man cannons or what they're really going to do so some clarification would be nice. Also I've thought of some more suggestions/praises if your willing to read through them:

1. I've noticed that the zombies usually spawn in the same team every time, if there would be anyway to fix this in the game type it would be appreciated.

2. By the way the shield door placed in the human ending is quite brilliant and a great addition to the map.

3. The spider web at the end of the zombie also is not the most effective thing because most zombies tend to just stop right before it and just try to avoid the sniper shots (but the map couldn't have just ended with nothing there).

4. This is more of a request for a new map rather than a suggestion but what if the zombies had swords and the two highways were much closer to each other so that the zombies could sword the humans. Now that I think about it, that would also be some fun and interesting gameplay.

5. Maybe a low wall to the left of the human track could even the odds, but it may be overpowered (playtesting required).

6. Turn off betrayals! (keeps the gerbils on task)

7. Perhaps some floating aesthetics would help?

8. Some pillars or small obstacles blocking the zombies' line of fire in parts of the track could also help the humans survive!

9. A lasers variant... =)

P.S. The version of the map I downloaded has no Hornet. It only has a sniper for the escaped humans.

18. killbot a61

killbot a61 Ancient

i think the hornet ruins the game
    if it was a tranport hornet that would be okay

although it may be fun for the person in the hornet, its not very fun for the person being shot at

if you fixed that 5/5, but ill have to settle for 4.5/5

19. BUBA DUKE

BUBA DUKE Ancient

I'll give it a shot but if you want more downloads give more pictures!
    all it looks from that one is two straight lines

20. IxUnseenxL

IxUnseenxL Ancient

This looks very fun! Definately DL and playing w/ friends after school! This looks like a lot of fun and entertaining in every way! 5/5