Hectic Arena >_<

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by drak, Jun 28, 2008.

?

How good is this map?

1. 1/5

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 2/5

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. 3/5

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. 4/5

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. 5/5

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. drak

drak Ancient

Backstory
    USNC abandoners leave this "foundry", the common slang word among them. Those who couldnt get out after the edges collapsed outside, were left to fend for themselves. Remnants of this great warehouse for production of both USNC and Covenant alliance. Ghosts and Mongooses are left on the shelves, unused, but far from reach after the outer edges collapsed.

Intro
    :

HECTIC Arena:
    A map made by Stefan D

As an avid new forger, i took my attempt today, and went straight at it for 7 hours today. It is an arena, with a few gimmicks...it is made for 1v1 up to 2v2. Well, I guess the best way to explain this is through pictures, and ill give a detailed explanation for each. Let's begin!

Download HERE

Pictures:
    [​IMG]

An overview of the Map, as you can see, there are two almost completely symmetrical sides, with the water pool in the middle, and the elevator on the right side, and the sniper tower, accessible by elevator using an instant switch.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

A closer look at the sniper tower, with the pallet as the "door" and we'll now take a closer look at the inside of the real switch
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

The switch close up, grab the power-up, and lets head upstairs, to the tower.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

Here is a sniper, and a deployable cover....the elevator has malfunctions sometimes (purposely from the backstory) there is a roof, as seen in the overview, and a hole to jump out in case elevator’s abandonment.

EDIT: sniper has moved from leaning against the wall, to sitting on the floor, because it was possible to jump from the side and grab it.
    EDIT: the weapon holder is no longer there.

[​IMG]

On the roof of the sniper tower, are the down buttons for the elevator. With a small shot with an assault rifle, the fusion coils topple downwards into........

[​IMG]

Ok Ok!! Before all of you have a heart attack, i deleted the cover for the mechanism just so it could be seen. As you can see, the fusion coil you just pushed over the edge topples down, exploding the fusion coils below, igniting the "Torpedo", propelling itself towards the next set of fusion coils, exploding the Grav Lift. Yes, it could have been less complicated, but it was meant to be like that! This procedure gives you just enough time to run over to the crate, and stand on it, set, for the battle below!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Power weapons lie in the water, like this mauler.

EDIT: Actually, the sticky is there!
    haha my own map-making ingenuity is turning on me...i wanted a mauler and a sticky together

[​IMG]

Another power tool to use against your enemy are the two firebomb grenades "floating in the water" (there is a weapon holder underneath the bridge.)

[​IMG]

Now for two pictures of Detail!!! The Ghost and Mongoose, and the only light left by the USNC abandoners.

[​IMG]

The shelves that used to be lined with state of the art guns, are no more. Only what has been left as unusable remains.

Please, leave constructive critisism for my first work-made-to-be-posted. I really need some more help play-testing the map, for the next v2!

Leave any techniques that I could use in this particular map, or in any map, that could better my forge skills. Thank you for any downloads, and I will try and keep the work up!

PS
    please download this screenshot, to help better the world!

DOWNLOAD LIVE IN PEACE!!!
    Please, all of you live in peace!!!

A map made by Stefan D
    Download HERE

#1 drak, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Its good, i'll give you that, looks extremely fun to play by bouncing grenades off the water and everything, but this could be in the casual maps section? There are far too many shield walls for competitive =( but i suppose thats just the river. Nice work

3. drak

drak Ancient

thanks...im still trying to work out the kinks, and in the v2 i will put outer rooms, where the teams spawn, and teleporters will be underneath the water (beneath the bridges and underneath the water) where the people will go through at random....I am currently working at that (actually im lying i just thought it up at the spot, like most of my maps)

everything is fully functional now, and please give the map a download....i would really appreciate....I made this just cause im always pissed that I cant get a full party goin, and I wanted like a nice 1v1, 2v2 map.

Any more suggestions would be welcomed greatly!

4. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Double posting is a big no,no *sways finger*

The map should be in the casual section. Partly because theres only 1 gametype that can go with it. Slayer.
    As for the map. It has some pretty good interlocking. I wouldnt think that is a river either. I wouldve made the river have depth to it (because rivers do). Weapon choice fit for a casual map. Overall, a map I would play on if I was extremly bored.
    Have a magical day, and Welcome to Forgehub.

edit: forgot to add, only name your thread by the map's name. Take out that 1v1 stuff.

#4 Shanon, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  5. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

He means you posted twice in a row you should not do that or else people will report your post. Just watch how much you post and how fast you post and you shouldn't have to worry. As for the map it looks unique in that you used alot of shield doors for the river and side cover I can only imaging how many crazy grenade riccocetees will happen. :)

Obibital likes this.
  6. drak

drak Ancient

I know what double posting means, but i checked everywhere, and in search, you cant find TWO of my posts, unless its invisible while im logged in (and i browse forgehub while logged out.....anyways, thanks for caring....trust me its hectic....

anyways, please DL and thanks for the constructive cricism!

Obibital likes this.
  7. drak

drak Ancient

EXACTLY the reason i made this map...i direct anyone else to go to test my map russian roulette in my sig...its similiar, but with many more variations!

8. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ouch a sniper and a deploy-able cover at the same spot? Argh it dosn't seem too bad. Another thing that bugs me is what alot aother people do now, and that is people are taking pictures of there spawn points, I know its to show where they are placed but it takes over the astechic feel of the pictures.

Another thing is that it shows that you may not have tested it leading to im proper or random gameplay.

drak likes this.
  9. IcexBullet

IcexBullet Ancient

This map looks pretty original and looks fun. I like the pool of water in the middle of the abandoned warehouse. You could neaten it up a bit though the bridges could be interlocked with the walls and the walls could be interlocked for a smoother floor. Great map though.

Obibital and drak like this.
  10. drak

drak Ancient

thanks, and please tell me what you guys think and come back to the map...plz also test my map russian roulette (prolly be renamed anyways) thanks!

11. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this looks like a lot of fun but could you camp in the room at all cause that is bad in a good map like this

Obibital likes this.
  12. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

Really good map man, needs a little more interlocking. 4/5 cause everything isn't interlocked =(. I really like the elevator BTW.

drak likes this.
  13. danlj

danlj Ancient

i dont normaly like arenas but this 1 makes me change my mind i like the fack that theres lots of things going on around

14. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Very nice, the water affect was very creative. I also like the setup of the fusion cores. You could have interlocked the cases of the shield doors into the ground so that will take off some points.

drak likes this.