Heavy Lift Gear

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Patchwork V2, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

I downloaded and played this map, and I must say that this map is SMALL! (Tiny text FTW!) It really does look good though, and yes, I love the "Collossus Style" conveyor belts you've placed on the map. 4 player FFA actual didn't play as well as I thought it would, this map is more of a 1 vs 1 type of map. It's just that the map isn't quite seperated enough to be for 4 people. It is possible though. Still, good job. Next time, make a bigger map, I'm sure it will gather more attention that way.

2. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

Thanks for the advice guys. the reason for the fusion coils in the tunnels is mainly to stop camping. As i'm sure you know:

Gravity hammer + camp spots = not a good map

I can't say I don't agree that the map is very small. Also the gamepley might not be perfect but this is only my first competative map so I'm accepting all advice at this stage. Thanks.

3. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Actually, it's not as simple as all that.

Grav-Ham + camp spots that players MUST pass through to get to objective points or that have unusually high traffic = not a good map. Pretty close on the math, though.

4. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

Yer, I'm too lazy to show my working out. Still though, the grav hammer could be used a tool for camping, which is why I decided to add a pair of fusion coils in the tunnel parallel to the flag.

5. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

TransactionZero and I played your map, and I musta say, I loved the layout. It is tiny yes, but it worked great for 1v1.

Now I have some suggestions though that I really think you should follow:

-Move the sniper to the tunnel below it's spawn (the sym one)
    -Move the grav hammer to the sticky position above radar jammer
    -Remove Radar Jammer
    -Move bubble shield to fencewall floor by the old sniper's position.
    -Place start spawns for slayer, one in the back corner by the door to default foundry, one in the corner of the long side wall the bisects foundry (old sniper spawn), the corner that is just behind the fence wall floors (over mauler/signA+B), you should spawn facing the bubble shield.
    -Remove spike grenades
    -Turn that asym BR by the old sniper position into both
    -Remove most sym/asym options

The reason behind these changes is:

First, you need starting spawns for slayer, it's a given. Sniper was way to overpowering in it's original position. When a player had it, and traveled up top, that pretty much completely dominated the person without sniper. It was extremely hard once the person gained the top. With the sniper in it's new position down bottom, it gives the player spawning down low a chance to gain the top, and takes the battle to multiple levels. The grav hammer and sniper are now further separated, and with lower level battles the GH is more useful. The four Brs are now accessible from multiple levels. You should also never have more than two types of grenades.

I think that explains most of the changes, if you have any more issues pm me.

6. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

TransactionZero didn't make this map I did. If you are talking about a different map then you have the wrong thread.

edit: lol sorry misread ^_^

#26 Patchwork V2, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  7. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

This doesn't look bad at all. I would like to see more pictures however.
    Your interlocking and geomerging is good, (building all those mid air racetracks)
    I think this map looks very good, if anyone has it and wants to play i'd be willing to test out the gameplay also.

8. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

everyone is asking for more pics when the pics there show almost every single part of the map. You make think there is more, but honestly that shows everything.

9. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

seriously i cant really think of 1 part of the map which isnt shown in the pics... anyway i love how on this map there is absolutley no serious camping, you just dont seem to be able to on the map.

10. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

hlg

I was thinking that it would probably be a good idea to remove the fence wall in symmetrical gametypes. That would probably spice up FFA games.

11. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Looks very well made and I guese my favorite part has to be those stairs... how'd you do that!? The aesthetics are beautiful! And the gameplay... well... I'll try it out as soon as I get off here!

Great job Patchwork! And you definitely have my download! 5/5 for now

12. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

wow, this looks great, the merging is awesome and the stairs that are merged into the ground so you can only see the steps is really cool looking.

the gameplay must be exellent with the layout.

great job 5/5

13. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

Thanks for the comments - I'll update this map soon with better gameplay and less F*cked up spawns.

14. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Patchwork, I'm curious if you took into consideration any suggestions I had given you earlier.

15. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

I did and I've changed some of the map including the grenades. But I aren't moving the sniper and bubble shield.

16. SkullBad

SkullBad Ancient

looks noce ill check it out

17. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

Your mom looks noce but you don't see me checking her out ^_^

teehee i made a lol

18. Dow

Dow Ancient

I played this FFA last night ha. I thought you posted it a while ago because I remember seing it. Ahh idk. /Thread save

19. Craigien

Craigien Ancient

It looks very well built and looks fun to play. Great job.