Heat Stroke

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by A Dark Mountain, Jan 2, 2009.

1. A Dark Mountain

A Dark Mountain Ancient

Heat Stroke
    Created by A Dark Mountain

Heat Stroke is a medium sized map, that has 2 bases, and a middle structure in the center of the map. It supports symmetrical game play and is recommended.

Base: Foundry

Supported Gametypes:

• Capture the Flag
    • Slayer
    Description:
    Heat Stroke is a medium sized map, that has 2 bases, and a middle structure in the center of the map. It supports symmetrical game play and is recommended. This map took me about 4½ hours to make.

Forging 101:

[ YES ] __Floating Objects
    [ ___ ] __Instant Respawn
    [ YES ] __Immovable Objects
    [ ___ ] __Timed Map Events
    [ YES ] __Effective Spawn Placement
    [ ___ ] __Gravity Lift Techniques
    [ ___ ] __Objects Placed in Water
    [ ___ ] __Used Symmetry Option
    [ YES ] __Interlocking Objects
    [ YES ] __Objects Merged with Map Geometry
    [ ___ ] __Unlimited Budget Glitch

Middle Structure
    [​IMG]

Fan Wall
    [​IMG]

Cross Section
    [​IMG]

A-Base
    [​IMG]

B-Base
    [​IMG]

Download Heat Stroke

Credit to Fritzster & Zak Boo for making the back wall and crane coverings.

#1 A Dark Mountain, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. KevinXI

KevinXI Ancient

The middle structure looks interesting, yet there is a lot of open floor space and there could be more cover in the bases. I'll give it a download and check it out.

3. Resix

Resix Ancient

The only thing i can say from the pictures is this map is very open i would suggest adding structures. DO NOT ADD COVER though that is the worst thing you can do to a map. Just make the map more interesting by adding structures, aesthetics etc. try to spice up the gameplay by adding new elements to your map never thought of before. Im just giving you some tips because i do see that you have pretty good forging techniques. By the way this is not a bad map theres just nothing that jumps out to me and says FEATURE NAO!!!

4. SOME CANADIAN

SOME CANADIAN Ancient

Looks pretty good, but there are some problems in the map and on the post. In the post you didnt tells us what the wepons are on the map. Also how many people it is made for. In the map, from what I can see in the pictures there is no cover at all, except for the stuctures. The map is pretty plain and there is nothing that really interests me. The bases are very basic with almost no cover. On the other hand your map has very good interlocking and geo-merges. I would like to see a V2 with some more cover, more athetics and also more creative bases with some more cover. I will give it a 3/5 and you should also fix your post, it is optional because you post is fine, but it left me guessing on some thing that should normaly be there like wepons and wepon placment. I hope this helped and I hope I didnt offend you.

5. IxXROADKILLXxI

IxXROADKILLXxI Ancient

4 and a half hours and you made this? Dude nice! lol. It would take me a whole lot longer too get what u got done, 4/5 ! No 5/5 cus its a little open :p

6. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

wow hey there a dark mountain. nice to see a fellow LEGENDARY GAMING member around here *cough*linkinsig*cough*

anyways, yes your map is pretty open, but the rest of the map looks great, its general feel is nice too. however, i have a couple problems with it. oh never mind i didnt see the bridge connecting the bases and the sidewalls. by the way, the map looks inescapable.

Also, give some type of cover at the base. its way too open. try something to sort of block line of sight right below the bridge part of the base

7. A Dark Mountain

A Dark Mountain Ancient

Yes there are some flaws and most likely this weekend I will make a V2

8. xOWNAGE27x

xOWNAGE27x Ancient

Pretty good but looks kindof boring,nothing to interesting that makes me wanna dl this,put more cover in the open spaces.

9. JH2P

JH2P Ancient

Great layout, but it has too many mid-range weapons in my opinion. Ya know, not every game has to be a BR/Carbine fest.

10. A Dark Mountain

A Dark Mountain Ancient

every game does have to be a BR/Carbine fest.

11. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

oooh i love BR/Carbine fests!! those are usually my favourite. hey at least its not a perfect map for ARs that would be bad

12. A Dark Mountain

A Dark Mountain Ancient

Thanks for the support Knight Kninja and thanks again for the sig.

13. EGP

EGP Ancient

Hmm ok in my opinion you have the layout set up but there are parts of the map that are very open and it seems very hard to get from one floor to the next.

Other than that it looks good, nice interlocking, perhaps more aesthetics