Headwind

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Sharkface, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Sharkface

Sharkface Forerunner

HEADWIND
    Fight the Headwind. Or die trying.

[​IMG]

Headwind is a windy slope, isolated atop a rocky plateau. I designed the map to run as a competitive CTF map, yet it also plays well as an assault and regular slayer map.

Weapons List: Rockets, Hammer, DMRs, Needle Rifles, Needlers, Shotgun, Snipers, Grenade Launcher, Plasma Pistols, Plasma Repeaters, Pistols and Assault Rifles.

[​IMG]

The layout of the map is longer than wide, similar to Boardwalk. I wanted to use the natural occurring land pathways and sloping to my advantage while adding just the right amount of constructed elements.

[​IMG]

Red base gets the high ground. But beware, there are several paths into red base, not just the front, making it vulnerable. The Blue base takes the low ground, yet is heavily fortified and has fewer entrances. The two bases balance in terms of attack and defense. Both towers are in direct sight of each other. Yet the map also features several blockades, areas to jump up to or drop down, bridges, gaps and open areas.

RED BASE

[​IMG]

(rear entrance)

[​IMG]

BLUE BASE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Around the back of Red base is an opened rocky slope and border pylons, marking the map limits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hold out the high ground, or take the rock passages in an ambush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OVERHEADS

RED BASE

[​IMG]

BLUE BASE

[​IMG]

Leave feedback if you like it or have suggestions! Message me if you want to play a good game of CTF on it : Gamertag --------> Sharkface87

#1 Sharkface, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
  2. Big C

Big C Forerunner

Wow! this really looks good. I havent downloaded it yet but this is my kinda map. I really like how you used a small part of forge world to make this. It has a Ascension feel from H2 with a ton of new ideas. All in all LOOKS GREAT!