HEADSHOT Heaven

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by INdiAN09, May 30, 2008.

1. INdiAN09

INdiAN09 Ancient

HEADSHOT Heaven
    This map takes place on the Last Resort, and is centered around sniping. Hence "HEADSHOT" Heaven.

Download Map
    Download Gametype

Description:
    Hey all, this is my first time uploading to ForgeHub, and I have received some help from my brother who is a regular member here(JuiceBox Hero). This map is a snipers paradise and introduces many new spots to snipe from. Although sniping is the main purpose of the map, I have added Battle Rifles, Plasma Pistols, and Magnums to make the map fair for those who aren't great snipers. My map utilizes a feature of Last Resort that I haven't seen on any other map...treetops! I don't want to ruin the game for you so thats all I'm going to say about those. Here are some specifics about the game variant I added(Treetops):

• This game is adapted to Team Slayer. (I have been told that the map could make a pretty good Infection game, although I haven't done anything towards this.)
    • The game is to 50 kills with everything set to map default.
    • Betrayals and Suicides result in a loss of a point for the team.
    • Team changing is not permitted.
    *ATTN* For best play, use Treetops along with HEADSHOT Heaven.

[​IMG]
    The Officer's Room: A place to enjoy drinks, conversation, a game of cards, or just listening to the latest Grifball results. This is located under Camp Froman.

[​IMG]
    One of the two starting bases. It houses 4 beam rifles, 2 pieces of equipment, 2 plasma pistols, and 2 ***magnums.

[​IMG]
    One side of the other starting base, located on the beach. This base has the same weapons*** as the other, but with different pieces of equipment.

[​IMG]
    The other part of the beach starting base, it has the same weapons***, with different equipment.

[​IMG]
    One of 4 Treetop sniping spots. (Spawn to get here) Can you guess where this one is? Provides player with decent cover.

[​IMG]
    Another of the 4 Treetop sniping spots. This one, obviously, is on the beach near the starting point. This is one of the best spots because of the huge area the player can see.

[​IMG]
    Although easy to see, due to the bright-green, conspicuous, teleporter, once your here its a great spot to snipe from! Can you find the sender node?

[​IMG]
    Hidden among the rafters lies a snipers best and worst nightmare...Active Camo! Good for the hunter, bad for the prey!

[​IMG]
    The Fun Boxx!!! This attraction spawns after 90 seconds, with the Warthog spawning 90 seconds later! (Idea from JuiceBox Hero)

[​IMG]
    This little barricade, with a quick getaway, provides some cover from beach-side snipers.

***Magnums at starting points only have one clip of ammo. Also, all weapons and equipment at the starting points have extended re-spawn times.

Miscellaneous Info:

• Battle Rifles are scattered throughout the map.
    • You can find either Plasma or Spike Grenades with the Battle Rifles.
    • There is a surprise inside the Fun Boxx!
    • There are some Sniper Rifles littered around the map...you know, for the extra ammo.
    • Also around the map are different pieces of equipment.
    • If the pallet falls, break it and it will automatically re-spawn again.
    Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great time playing HEADSHOT Heaven.
    -INdiAN09RUNNER

#1 INdiAN09, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

been a while sense I've seen a zanzibar map. i like the looks of it good job.

3. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

Zanzibar?!? Dude, didnt u see the extra bush they have in last resort!?! [sarcy].

Anyway, this looks like a great take on a classic. 4/5 from me. Good job!

4. many popes

many popes Ancient

As soon as i saw old map i frowned abit, but actualy it's very good well done

5. INdiAN09

INdiAN09 Ancient

Why thank you! Anything I should add or get rid of?

6. halosavior

halosavior Ancient

Seems like you are trying to go for a Gears type of game with all of the cover.

7. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Nice idea and I like the pallet in the tree looks really good. The only thing I would improve is make sure that warthog (fun box) can not be driven off the box.

8. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

Looks really fun. I like how you can get on the trees and snipe form there.