HD Initiation

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by HarryGoss, Aug 1, 2011.

1. HarryGoss

HarryGoss Ancient

HD Initiation
    Map Made by HareMare & Danco616

It's Christmas time down in Forge World! But as we all know, gifts are not just for the rookies, you must earn them. You think you have what it takes to make it through this obstacle course? Things aren't always what you see. This right here is what separates the Spartans from the boys. Get out there rookie and prove you have what it takes to clear this course in record time!

Alright guys, this is a map that my friend & I made. It is originally an initiation into our clan, but I thought I would release it because we worked pretty hard. But PLEASE read this part carefully. I am holding a competition for whoever can beat my time on this map. The prize is 1600 Microsoft Points. My Record time is reaching the sky/viewing box at 5:02. The way that you would submit your entry is by filming it and Naming/Tagging it by "HD Submission". I will check the films as soon as I can and the first to beat this will win, Simple. The honor rules are simple as well, You should melee the fusion coils, NOT shoot from a distance. And in the maze, do NOT jump on top of any walls and structures.

Okay so this is how it goes. You are on blue team if you are attempting the map. You are on red team if you are spectating or wanna check out the scenery. Red team also gets to fly the revenants (Santa's sleigh) over Rocky (who is themed as a snowman). There are only 2 spawn points for the red team though. And I highly recommend only 1 person attempting the map at a time. Just because this map isn't built for team work (double jumping, etc.)

But back to the map. I didn't want to release a video for this because I did not want to spoil anything for you guys ;) But it is a combination of jumps, tricks, and most of all, using your head. Even I have gotten lost in the dark maze many times. But without further ado, here are the pictures.

[​IMG]
    This of course, is the beginning.

[​IMG]
    This is part of the pillars and other jumps.

[​IMG]
    The mongoose jump. Better hope you make this ;)

[​IMG]
    The island hopping section (don't worry you get help up if you fall.

[​IMG]
    The leap of faith.

[​IMG]
    Just when you think you were done...

[​IMG]
    The maze in the darkness. You're gonna need some help from beginning to end. ;)

[​IMG]
    Still stuck in the maze.

[​IMG]
    Looks like your prize is at the end. But can you make it in time?

[​IMG]
    Santa is flying over rocky. You made it to your gift.

[​IMG]
    The view from the Red team's observation center.

I have 100% tested this map and guarantee that there is a way to complete it, its up to you to figure it out. I have had a few people on it as well who have completed to whole thing (After awhile lol) and I assure you that it is in full working condition. Feel free to leave a comment or rating and ask any questions that you have.

And I cannot stress it enough to please read the green paragraph above.

Thanks again guys.
    ~HareMare

#1 HarryGoss, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. petetheduck

petetheduck Cartographer Emeritus
    Forge Critic

I completed your map in 3:57! That leap of faith gave me the hardest time.

Anyway, I named the film HD Submission and tagged it, per your requirements. Here is a direct link to the saved film also.

EDIT:
    For anyone interested, someone apparently rendered the film for me! So I'll embed it here for everyone's amusement:
    [bungievid]21900043[/bungievid]

#2 petetheduck, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  3. logic

logic Forerunner

Darn I was just about to start my speedrun. :p
    I'm not a fan of clipping through walls, but overall it was a nice little map. I liked the FX you used.

4. petetheduck

Forge Critic

I haven't heard from HarryGoss yet regarding the contest portion of this map. A file search on Bungie.net for HD Submission suggests I won..

5. LOL Master

LOL Master Ancient

What makes you think that? I finished my run in under a minute. It isn't rendered so if you look up HD SUBMISSION tags from your video it will only show yours.

6. petetheduck

Forge Critic

I searched all films, not just rendered films.

So you're "I Am Slowbeef"? Yeah, you just edited the map so the checkpoint teleporter sent you directly to the end room.

7. LOL Master

LOL Master Ancient

Hey, there were NO rules other than don't shoot the fusion coils. I think you're just jelly.

8. petetheduck

Forge Critic

I'm not sure if there's even anything to be jelly of at this point. We'll see if HarryGoss actually delivers this prize.

9. WinningByDefault

WinningByDefault Forerunner

Then that case why not just move the spawn directly to the end. Why even waste a minute?

10. LOL Master

LOL Master Ancient

OK so it's been over 2 weeks and as far as I know no one has gotten any Microsoft Points from the contest, so here is my review. The map is poorly made and the visual effect is annoying expecially when it is a jumping map. The jumps are extremely easy and the addition of a maze is a bad idea in a jumping map and the inclusion of a LONG ASS TUNNEL at the end is the worst idea EVER.

11. xfuzzlex

xfuzzlex Forerunner

you guys have to understand that i wont download a map which doesnt have the gametype in the description. i have +250 maps and i dont want to search 3 hours for the fitting gametype