Hazard Highway

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Robo Spartan, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Robo Spartan

Robo Spartan Ancient

many of the weapons are not in the "armories" just weapons to distiguish each side from covenant and human. each side is balanced.

2. Robo Spartan

Robo Spartan Ancient

Version two is going to be slightly delayed.

3. Dark Ruler

Dark Ruler Ancient

everyone knows that it would be idiotic to jump out of the map, but remember in Halo 2 how people would just hide same thing about maps that are not enclosed

for a V2 get rid of the bridge and make your map 2 story, build another area right underneath

4. Robo Spartan

Robo Spartan Ancient

Do you mean the road extension because the part of the area having the feeling of a highway brigde was the main concept for the map.

5. Dark Ruler

Dark Ruler Ancient

no, I meant the bridge from the foundry floor up to it

6. Robo Spartan

Robo Spartan Ancient

ok. thank you for the tip.

7. Jump4h

Jump4h Ancient

what if someone (and this does happen) accidentally gets blown out of the map by an enemy grenade?

8. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

I have seen a highway before and it was done very similarly to this. yours has several problems that can be fixed relatively easily.

The Map is escapable
    -though there is no point to going outside the map it will be very tempting to some people and there might also be a rare case where someone is thrown out. The outside also looks pretty bad and detracts from the idea that you are fighting on a highway.

-you can create walls that make it impossible to escape which will fix the problem but might not look like a highway anymore.

My suggestions
    -make a version 2 or maybe another one entirely where the highway is pretty close to the ground. Submerge double boxes upside down into the ground so that they stick up a little bit. The place low barriers around the edges of your road. This will look more like a highway than the wall doubles that you have.

-embrace the fact that you can escape and make the rest of the map playable. have your main highway and then some small roads branching off. If you want to add a great aesthetic look to it I suggest that you make multiple highways in the upper levels of foundry. These should be crisscrossing and have columns coming down to the ground. Players shouldn't be able to get up on these as they are ther just to make it seem like the battle is taking place in a crowded interstate.

-Have some hanging signs overhead that look like the big ones that you see on the highway. To fill up the spaces between roads you could make some small areas with cover. Maybe a gas station with lots of fusion coils, a loading station with the trucks, and a construction site with forklifts.

this may be too much but I think this map could be great. Definetly not a version 2 now that I got carried away.