Havoc

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Mars Caturix, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Mars Caturix

Mars Caturix Ancient

HAVOC
    Created by MI5TER 5CI55OR5

Supported Gametypes:
    ASSAULT, ONE BOMB, NEUTRAL ASSAULT, CTF, 1 CTF, NEUTRAL CTF, KOTH, SLAYER, TEAM SLAYER, ODDBALL, STOCKPILE

Map Description
    HAVOC is a symmetrical map designed to produce exciting team games and require strategy and map control. Vehicles are included, as well as long site lines for sniping, and even some close quarters areas. Jet pack friendly, with a few soft kill zones to discourage camping.

I chose the cliff side to build into for orientation. So far, when people spawn they know exactly where they are, which is what I look for in maps.

You'll find an assortment of medium range weapons like the DMR, Needle Rifle and Grenade Launcher on the map, with power weapons in prime real estate for explosive action.

HAVOC INITIAL LOADOUT CAMERA
    [​IMG]

HAVOC OVERVIEW
    [​IMG]

SNIPER COURTYARD
    [​IMG]

SHOTGUN LIFT (to rid yourself of that pesky sniper)
    [​IMG]

LASER COURTYARD (for all your Warthog removal needs, if you haven't sent one off the map yet)
    [​IMG]
    Here you will find neutral objectives; flag, bomb, oddball, hills, etc. Also, directly beneath the dish is a protected area for rockets. Set at 120 second respawn, you'll want to check for those often.

Special thanks to all my friends who run with 5ci55or5, for testing, winning, losing and laughing. More to come!

HAVOC VIDEO TOUR

DOWNLOAD HAVOC

#1 Mars Caturix, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. PURE dAHkness

PURE dAHkness Forerunner

An Honor

It has been an honor to "test" maps with you over the years. You're maps are ALWAYS fun to play, and with such attention to detail that nothing goes unnoticed.

I highly recommend this map.

3. Mars Caturix

Mars Caturix Ancient

Thank you! I'm taking feedback, because I want this to be better than it is. I don't assume its done just because it is posted, so fire away. It may hurt, but I can take it!

4. sleekzero

sleekzero Forerunner

i downloaded this map, and it looks awesome. love the centerpiece!
    not sure if the vehicles are needed, though.
    nice work.

5. Mars Caturix

Mars Caturix Ancient

Thanks! I'm always wondering about vehicles, but the warthogs add a crazy element and unexpected things happen when they fly off the map.

I've made updates and fixed a few things, so thanks again for looking!