Haunted Tubes

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Killex, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Killex

Killex Ancient

The Map:

In Haunted Tubes, the humans all spawn in a room facing a small hole in a wall. The hole is the only way to go, unless they feel like playing cat and mouse with the Alpha Zombie in the two-way teleporters at the other end of the room (these are just used as receivers from the Zombie Start). In fact, not going in the hole is downright stupid as the game type I made for this has the Alpha Zombie set to invincible.

Once in the tubes, the humans are not safe just yet, as any of the humans slow enough to be caught by the Alpha will now be pouring into the tubes right behind the humans. Given that the humans only have 18 rounds in their shotguns, they cannot last in there forever. Funnily enough, there isn't actually anything more to this map so I had to add a timer to the game type so that the humans had any chance of winning (Lol... Can you win a Zombies game?)

There are three ways up to the second level of Haunted Tubes. One way is a sloped vent, and the other two are small jumps where the area made of walls meets with the area made of double boxes. The layout of the tubes is far to difficult to simply describe, so here are some pictures (the roof has been removed).

The Human Start (There are normally fence walls blocking vertical escape):
    [img width=800 height=600]http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08073/human_start891.jpg[/img]

Corridor One (The top level entrance to the sloped tube can be seen to the left):
    [img width=800 height=600]http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08073/corridor_1620.jpg[/img]

Corridor Two (This is looking at the top level of the tubes. Beneath this is an essentially mirrored image)::
    [img width=800 height=600]http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08073/corridor_2528.jpg[/img]

Corridor Three (The area made up of double boxes does not have a second level to it):
    [img width=800 height=600]http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08073/corridor_3884.jpg[/img]

Corridor Four (those fence walls can be used to spot zombies. Also, the bottom entrance to the sloped tube can kinda be seen in this):
    [img width=800 height=600]http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08073/corridor_4350.jpg[/img]

The Game Type:

10 Rounds. 5min rounds.

Alpha Zombie-
    Good Camo
    25% move speed (please God, forgive me)
    Invincible
    Sword
    Instant Kill (why not?)
    75m Enhanced Radar

Zombie-
    Poor Camo
    100% move speed
    Sword
    Allies only radar (this is intentionally designed to piss people off)

Human-
    No shields
    Shotguns
    Limited Ammo
    100% Move Speed
    No Radar (If they do have one, then congrats. All the zombies are crouching anyway)

Download Map
    Download Gametype

I'm sorry about the hugeness of my pictures.

2. pred10122

pred10122 Ancient

looks good you definently put some morphing work in it.

3. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I have seen this map before, is this a new version?
    Please tell me as to remedy my fears.

4. Sage

Sage Ancient

this is amazing i checked it out and played it it was so fun and scary to be chased in the tubes cuz u get lost and u don't no where to go

5. Killex

Killex Ancient

Yes, this is a new version. Well, kinda. I had to edit the zombie spawn area a fair bit so that humans had more time to get into the tubes and deal with the massive blockage that occurs at the start of the round.

6. Grim Effects

Grim Effects Ancient

Rly fun map but i was playing this yesterday with 8+ ppl and the zombie always got about 2 ppl at the beginning

7. Bubonic Plague

Bubonic Plague Ancient

this is one of the best infection maps i have ever played. every corner is scary to turn

8. Killex

Killex Ancient

Yeah, the crush at the start that occurs when you have more than 6 or so people is something I have been thinking about for some time, and I have just decided that it is a good part of the map that keeps you entertained right to the end.

9. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

ummm...Starting points are where?

Sorry, I just noticed that by the vent there aren't any starting points. :(

10. Killex

Killex Ancient

Ah, yes, the zombies/ghostz spawn in a seperate room that they can reach through the teleporter. A few people have tried to camp the teleporter, but the invincible Alpha Zombie has always killed them.

11. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

You should change it so he has like 4x shield so they can kill him, but it would take up most of their ammo.

So neccisarily they can't camp the Alpha and when a normal one comes in they still might not see him in the first place.

12. Killex

Killex Ancient

I thought of doing that, but the screaming and panic caused by a person seeing (or thinking they have seen) the alpha zombie just strikes me as something that should stay.

Also, he is also really speed challenged. If he can die, then there really will be no fun in being the poor alpha zombie.

13. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Well all the same, it uses up their ammo so after a bit they have no choice but to run and scream.

14. Killex

Killex Ancient

Lol... I suppose... I could always just say that you can kill him...

15. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Yeah, you could do that.

Although people would always be like:

"OMG hax! H3 R n0ob! I R gun Fyle Complaynt!"

16. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

I like it. It's original, and a fun idea. Nothing is more fun then being chased by invisible cannibals in a thin maze.

17. Mister Gigglez

Mister Gigglez Ancient

that map looks sweet

18. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

If you do decide to up the zombie's strength, make sure to do it in the damage reduction section, a zombie with over-shields is over-lame.

19. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

Looks very nice and neat. I don't get how the Humans survive at all if the Alpha Zombie is invincible though? Anyway's nice map. This map looks like it would also be fun if you played say FFA Slayer on top of the tunnels were you can jump the walls and stuff. Nice map though 8.5/10

20. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Well, there should at least be five minute timed rounds. If you make it unlimited, then the Zombie automaticly wins over time.