Haunted Manor

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by voodoo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

I'm not going to argue with the ratings, because I know playing Ghosts on this map can get dry some times, but let me try to defend the map.

For the interlocking part, I honestly do not think there is one place that could be interlocked better. I interlocked everything I felt should be. Bet you guys didn't know I wrote the tutorial on interlocking. :squirrel_wink:

And yes, if it were possible for me to completely block of this map I would, because I know if it were confined to the yard the game would be 100 times better. Unfortunately, people would simple jump over the fences, so I made it easier for the Zombies to kill the humans who got out by making stairs. The reason the outside is undeveloped is because I did not want humans there, I just accepted that they would end up there anyway.

The elevator shaft does work, you just have to crouch to get off of the roof when you got "stuck". Also the crate only gets stuck in the air shafts if someone moves it from up above. I.E. tries to melee it to get past.

Also, this map was first made last year, and I have been updating constantly.

And I don't see why most of you are dissing the gametype because you can tell who is who. Its like that for every zombie gametype, this just makes it a tad more difficult.

Also, the roof is accessible from every side, so the zombie has just enough change to get up there as the humans do.

And I agree with you guys that the zombies should be given more health, I just never got around to it. Unfortunately I probably won't because its impossible to close this map from escape.

Thanks for the review though.

2. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

gorebound's Furious Review

Enjoyment: I can’t really say that I enjoyed the game that we played, it felt too unfair and too unbalanced. The major reason that it felt unbalanced was the game type, but on top of that it’s far too easy to break the map. We gathered in one of the offices and camped out with the pistols.

Balance: Not really a balanced experience at all, it actually took the zombie team over 5 minutes before they scored the first kill, and the guy who was the zombie is a good player. In my opinion you should do a complete overhaul of the game type, or perhaps configure the map so it works with other game types as well.

Durability: With this game type the durability unfortunately isn’t very long, we broke the map in under 10 minutes by camping out in the offices.

Aesthetics: I have to say that you’ve done a good job in forging the map even though it could’ve looked better, even though It isn’t original it’s one of the best mansions out there. I like how you’ve created several paths across the map, and I also like that there are several ways to escalate the map.

Overall: You could have done a good map if you had made it work with some other game types, and even though it looks good it’s not a map that I’ll be playing for hours on end. I’m sorry but this map fails to convince me.

[​IMG]

Peace // gorebound

3. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

That's me leaping... I also seem to be the only one with his back turned toward the zombie threat... what does this mean?
    A) I'm in charge
    B) My survival instincts are so dull it's amazing I made it this far in life
    C) The zombie was not really a threat at all

4. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Yeah, I tried to get a shot of all of us standing, but that was the best one I could get and it turned out to be kind of funny.

The answer, most definitely, is C.

Voodoo, I hope you don't take our criticisms too personally. End the end, they're just opinions and we all know they are just as common as a certain foul-smelling human orifice. By no means do I think that you're a bad Forger based on what I saw. I appreciate you defending what you made and I'm going to start looking up some of the other stuff you've done.

5. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

[​IMG]

Well if you wrote the tutorial, good job on that, and thanks for helping out the community. I think the technique has really helped improve many maps. I also think the bar has been raised as far as what people have been able to do with it. The picture is the roof of your house, and it's spots like these that I was referencing. I have come to the conclusion, after seeing maps like Differant Level and most of Furious D's, that unless you are literally trying to recreate shipping containers stacked in a warehouse, absolutely every joint between two members should be interlocked for best results.

I'm sorry if I'm nit-picking here, but you gave a good rebuttal to some criticism that I gave, and I wanted you to know exactly what I was talking about.

6. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

This looks really cool nice work I think that this is well built.

7. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

I didn't interlock the roof because I wanted to simulate an old house with an uneven ceiling.

8. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

Looks just great, qued for me! :squirrel_chatting:

9. BANDiT

BANDiT Ancient

This map seems like an overall great map for tuh Infection.
    I'll DL.

10. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

Ach ja.

I like it. 10/10

11. Striker 29

Striker 29 Ancient

Looks very cool. Downloading!

12. American10

American10 Ancient

Looks fun ill dl.